Sign in to follow this  
Nice

Autopilot and fmc

What is lL nav and v nav o 747 also how to make plan on fmc or load it from flight planer of fs and how to get Co route what is exatly co route i dont get it man also hov to make that autopilot folows alone the route planed to destination.Simply in few words i dont get autopilot and fmc i read the manual but stil.o can please somebody help e with taht especialy with loading the flight plan in fmc and i have forgoten where to turn on the TCAS and what is that it say on nav panel :TCAS off wel then where to turn on because i start cold and dark

What is lL nav and v nav o 747 also how to make plan on fmc or load it from flight planer of fs and how to get Co route what is exatly co route i dont get it man also hov to make that autopilot folows alone the route planed to destination.Simply in few words i dont get autopilot and fmc i read the manual but stil.o can please somebody help e with taht especialy with loading the flight plan in fmc and i have forgoten where to turn on the TCAS and what is that it say on nav panel :TCAS off wel then where to turn on because i start cold and dark
HiLNAV is lateral navigation, the aircraft will fly a preset route depending on what you loaded into the FMCVNAV is vertical navigation, the aircraft will fly the optimum flight path depending on the performance information you have fed the FMC.It's not something that can be explained quickly in a post and requires quite a bit of studying to get the best out of your aircraft, if your flying a FMC equiped aircraft you really need to study the documentaion that comes with it. Your asking some pretty basic questions for a complex aircraft.CO Route is pre built flightplan that can be uploaded to the aircrafts FMC (normally via ACARS) this means you don't have to sit there punching in every waypoint, you should still double check each waypoint on the NAV dsplay in plan mode to confirm there are no errors or discontinualites.TCAS is on the center pedestal aft right, it should be off (Standby) at most airports until line up, then you turn it full right to TA/RA you also need to make sure you have pushed the Traffic button (TFC) on the EFIS........................ in fact before I go on forever read the documentation, there are some very good basic tutorials on the web.Rob

Rob Prest

Guest Locksta
Which 747? If its the PMDG you talk of, there is a very nice EGLL to KLAX detailed BA flight PDF on the net, just google it.

HiLNAV is lateral navigation, the aircraft will fly a preset route depending on what you loaded into the FMCVNAV is vertical navigation, the aircraft will fly the optimum flight path depending on the performance information you have fed the FMC.It's not something that can be explained quickly in a post and requires quite a bit of studying to get the best out of your aircraft, if your flying a FMC equiped aircraft you really need to study the documentaion that comes with it. Your asking some pretty basic questions for a complex aircraft.CO Route is pre built flightplan that can be uploaded to the aircrafts FMC (normally via ACARS) this means you don't have to sit there punching in every waypoint, you should still double check each waypoint on the NAV dsplay in plan mode to confirm there are no errors or discontinualites.TCAS is on the center pedestal aft right, it should be off (Standby) at most airports until line up, then you turn it full right to TA/RA you also need to make sure you have pushed the Traffic button (TFC) on the EFIS........................ in fact before I go on forever read the documentation, there are some very good basic tutorials on the web.ok where to find that co route because it seams that is wery importantand evry dy i am readindg the docs but stil there are to muchbig and complicated to understud something i pick up and moust timei get on the ground learninig over panel options autopilot and fmc and i am guy how lern alone withaut reading doc most of the aircraft i dont readanything youst start simulation and on the ground i explor his options but this one man oh.and i must admit i am bad in understanding navigation and ternins like what is STAR or SID and what is leg??I hear for that so much often and i dont know what is and yes tia am talking about PMDG747-400

Your trying to run before you have even learned how to crawl, you can't jump into a machine like this and expect to operate it correctly without a lot of studying or a least some background in other complex jets. As I said in my previous post your having problems with the basics not even the really complicated stuff. I would suggest starting out with the default aircraft, learn to navigate VOR first and read up on the terminology so when you start reading basic tutorials you at least know what they are talking about. I have been studying this aircraft for years and still learn new stuff, of course that is not what everyone wants so if you need something to quickly jump into and fly there are other options like the Posky jet's or the CLS 747-200RobEDIT: Here is a basic tutorial I found on Google http://www.scribd.com/doc/2327687/PMDG-747...al-EGLL-to-KLAX

Rob Prest

...and evry dy i am readindg the docs but stil there are to muchbig and complicated to understud something i pick up and moust timei get on the ground learninig over panel options autopilot and fmc and i am guy how lern alone withaut reading doc most of the aircraft i dont readanything youst start simulation and on the ground i explor his options but this one man oh.and i must admit i am bad in understanding navigation and ternins like what is STAR or SID and what is leg??I hear for that so much often and i dont know what is and yes tia am talking about PMDG747-400
You have bought the PMDG 747-400 which is one of the most complex add-ons with no knowledge of the basics - you admit you don't even know what a leg is! Starting from that lack of knowledge, it's impossible for anyone to offer realistic help on how to fly the 747 in these forums, especially as you can't understand the manuals.

You have bought the PMDG 747-400 which is one of the most complex add-ons with no knowledge of the basics - you admit you don't even know what a leg is! Starting from that lack of knowledge, it's impossible for anyone to offer realistic help on how to fly the 747 in these forums, especially as you can't understand the manuals.
i understand some manuals but i dont understand somo of them and of cour i know how to fly i have flyed all cls aircraft but mayor problem is that i have also problems with english because my origin language isnt english then how you think to learn what is leg if i can t find what is it in Fshelp index.So i just dont know how to use FMC and hav read my docs of fmc but tist not good explained they could make short video how to use fmc that would be beter but i was saying that sometimes i dont read al doc because sometimes i learn all options by my self on the ground tht is for me esy but mow i hve first reed the fmc doc but still it isnt workig withme.so you just bad unterstud me

You know as I was typing the first post it got me thinking about how hard it must be for people to understand complex terminology when it is not in there native language so I do feel for you. I can't imagine what it would be like if tried to learn this aircraft from scratch in Japanese or whatever! Youtube have a lot of good instructor videos on there for the PMDG aircraft, try searching for words like PMDG FMC or PMDG startup. But English is the main language of aviation real and virtual. Also if you have the money try this http://www.flyaoamedia.com/pmdg-747-training-package-1.htmlRob

Rob Prest

You know as I was typing the first post it got me thinking about how hard it must be for people to understand complex terminology when it is not in there native language so I do feel for you. I can't imagine what it would be like if tried to learn this aircraft from scratch in Japanese or whatever!Youtube have a lot of good instructor videos on there for the PMDG aircraft, try searching for words like PMDG FMC or PMDG startup. But English is the main language of aviation real and virtual. Also if you have the money try this http://www.flyaoamedia.com/pmdg-747-training-package-1.htmlRob
thnx and yes finaly if i have sometong now i just need to gethow to find airway for exmple LIRF-LDZA

Here is a flight plan LIRF - LDZA TIBER5A/25 TIBER UP874 GITOD UL865 ANC UM986 KOTORTIBER5A is your SID (Standard Instrument Departure) out of LIRF Basicaly it is a predefined safe route out of the Airport. If you need help with getting this into your FMC ask over at the PMDG forum, but sign with your real name and let them know your having trouble understanding the documentation, I'm sure they will be happy to help. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=136Good luck!Rob

Rob Prest

I would recommend getting hold of Mike Ray's book: 'Flying the Boeing 700 series Flight Simulators' if you are having trouble with some of the aspects of operating a modern airliner in Flight Simulator, as this will get you up to speed quickly and painlessly, helping you understand all the technical aspects of operating a big jetliner.Even with the manuals the developers provide for their add-on FS aircraft it can be tricky to get your head around stuff when it involves a lot of jargon, and Mike Ray's book(s) are aimed at addressing this problem, which they do in a very friendly, entertaining and intuitive way. Trust me, you will save yourself a lot of frustration and trouble by reading that book.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Here is a flight plan LIRF - LDZA TIBER5A/25 TIBER UP874 GITOD UL865 ANC UM986 KOTORTIBER5A is your SID (Standard Instrument Departure) out of LIRF Basicaly it is a predefined safe route out of the Airport. If you need help with getting this into your FMC ask over at the PMDG forum, but sign with your real name and let them know your having trouble understanding the documentation, I'm sure they will be happy to help. http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=136Good luck!Rob
how do you get stars ??how do you find them??and what is star?and yes what is airway and how to get airway to destination??

how do you get stars ??how do you find them??and what is star?and yes what is airway and how to get airway to destination??
STAR is a Terminal arrival route - again in a basic way a safe route into the Airport - as long as you have a valid copy of the 747 ask your questions on the PMDG forum.or use google, all I did just now was type Sids and stars into google and got a wealth of information..You mentioned you used to fly the CLS aircraft, they are nothing like the real thing. I understand that English is not your first language but your questions still lead me to believe that you have a bought a product without any basic understanding of commercial flying and this will make your life very difficult when stepping into the PMDG 744. pls dont't take that as a negative I'm just letting you know.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=136CheersRob

Rob Prest

STAR is a Terminal arrival route - again in a basic way a safe route into the Airport - as long as you have a valid copy of the 747 ask your questions on the PMDG forum.or use google, all I did just now was type Sids and stars into google and got a wealth of information..You mentioned you used to fly the CLS aircraft, they are nothing like the real thing. I understand that English is not your first language but your questions still lead me to believe that you have a bought a product without any basic understanding of commercial flying and this will make your life very difficult when stepping into the PMDG 744. pls dont't take that as a negative I'm just letting you know.http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=136CheersRob
how do yuk know the stars and sids where doyou get them??

Each airport has both STARs (Standard Terminal Arrivals) and SIDs (Standard Instrument Departures). Typically, they appear in the Airport's 'Aerodrome Booklet', which is a small paperback book available to pilots as a guide to all the rules etc relating to an airport. They are 145mmx210mm in size, i.e. the right size to clip onto the yoke of an airliner if you want to fly the SID or STAR manually instead of doing it via the autopilot. You can buy Aerodrome Booklets from companies such as the European Aeronautical Group, and you'll find they contain everything you need to know about a particular airport, such as the minima, operating hours, radio frequencies etc, as well as all the SIDs and STARs.But you don't actually have to buy Aerodrome Booklets, most SIDs and STARs are already included in the CDU (FMC) of an aircraft, so it is usually just a case of selecting which one you want for a particular airport when planning a flight in the CDU. The choice of which one to use is usually determined by which direction you want to either arrive at, or depart from an airport, as they are basically a way to assist air traffic control in having aircraft depart and arrive in an orderly fashion.In the real world, airlines almost always use the same SIDs and STARs for the same scheduled flights, so the pilots and the air traffic controllers are invariably very familiar with what all the aircraft around them are doing. A good example of that is the recent ditching of the Airbus into the Hudson River in NYC; if you listen to the controller, he is very quick in telling the pilot which headings to take for an emergency return to the airport, and that's because he is very familiar with exactly where the aircraft is, because of it having departed in a way he is familiar with.By way of example of how SIDs work, here is the Honiley SID from Manchester (EGCC) airport (incidentally, this is from an old EGCC Aerodrome Booklet, so DON'T use it for real flying, because it is from 2004, and those runways have been redesignated):If you look at the chart you can see that it tells you to turn to 275 degrees after taking off from 24R, or 285 degrees when leaving from 24L when you get 3.2 miles from the MCT beacon. When you are 5 miles from the beacon, you commence a standard rate left turn onto the 156 degree radial from the Honiley VOR beacon and you have to be at or above 3,000 feet when 10 miles from the MCT beacon, but climbing to no higher than 5,000 feet until cleared by air traffic control to do so. This is the sort of departure a jet airliner might use from Manchester when flying to a destination in a southerly direction. Because air traffic control will know you are making this departure, they do not have to monitor your every move, and that makes life easier for them.HonileySID.jpgSo, to fly that SID, you would either select it as part of your flight plan in the FMC of your aircraft and engage LNAV and VNAV on your autopilot after taking off, in which case the airliner would fly the SID automatically for you. Or, you could stick the chart on your flight yoke and fly it manually by tuning the nav radios to the Honiley (HON) and Manchester (MCT) beacons, and making the turns and climb based on reading your distance from those beacons as directed by the SID chart. You could also fly it by visually referencing the beacons and reporting points on your GPS, or by having all of those things display on the glass HSI display in your cockpit and simply driving your airliner over them, although that is not something which would be particularly recommended in real life.If all this sounds confusing, I suggest you read up on things a bit with something such as Mike Ray's books on flying Boeing jets.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here