Sign in to follow this  
bobde

Crash when exiting FS9

Hi,FS9 always crashes when shuting down with FS2crew installed for PMDG's MD11. It works fine until I exit FS...then I get an error message...(not an OOM message, by the way)...It's a bit of a pain...especially because the crash happens before I get a chance to use my logbook. I've uninstalled your program and used just the plane with no such problems....any help would be appreciated.BobOS-XP, sp3, 32bit

Hello Bob,Please do a search in the general FS9/FSX forum using the term "OOM".There is a lot of discussion there on the subject of OOM"s and how to fix them.Cheers,
This is NOT an OOM crash...in fact I have the 3gig switch installed!...it's something in the fs9.exe file."It works fine until I exit FS...then I get an error message...(not an OOM message, by the way)"

Hello Bob,Okay, not an OOM :( I should learn to read better!However, are you able to provide any more info, such as a detailed error log report?I have FS9 installed on my system (Vista mind you, not XP), and FS9 doesn't crash when I exit it.So it's tough for me to comment because I can't reproduce it.Have you tried loading the plane out in Africa or someplace like to rule out any scenery/AI conflicts, etc?Has anyone else here every experienced this?Best,

Hello Bob,Okay, not an OOM :( I should learn to read better!However, are you able to provide any more info, such as a detailed error log report?I have FS9 installed on my system (Vista mind you, not XP), and FS9 doesn't crash when I exit it.So it's tough for me to comment because I can't reproduce it.Have you tried loading the plane out in Africa or someplace like to rule out any scenery/AI conflicts, etc?Has anyone else here every experienced this?Best,
Hi Byork,Here is the error report:Error details A fatal error occurredError signature AppName: fs9.exe AppVer: 9.1.040901 ModName: unknown ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 6ce2adf3The details of the error were sent to microsoft...I guess.I know this is probably not much help...but it's all I have. It happens from any airport if I exit the program without doing anything else...However if I load a flightplan and move the plane to that airport and then exit...it doesn't crash...strange problem...but certainly not a "show stopper" for me.BobP.S. I own just about all of your FS2crew programs and by far this is the best and least complex "Human" interface you've come up with...keep up the good work!

It happens from any airport if I exit the program without doing anything else...However if I load a flightplan and move the plane to that airport and then exit...it doesn't crash...strange problem...but certainly not a "show stopper" for me.BobP.S. I own just about all of your FS2crew programs and by far this is the best and least complex "Human" interface you've come up with...keep up the good work!
Glad you like FS2Crew! I think I've got the interface system down to fine art now!However, as to your issue, perhaps someone else will be able to offer a suggestion as I can't explain it. That is rather odd what you're experiencing, though.Best,

Hi, I've got the same problem. This is the error message: Nom de l’application défaillante fs9.exe, version : 9.1.0.40901, horodatage : 0x4135a208Nom du module défaillant : DINPUT8.dll_unloaded, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x4a5bd9c1Code d’exception : 0xc0000005Décalage d’erreur : 0x728ca407ID du processus défaillant : 0x1080Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01cc861c4d5385c7Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : F:\Flight Simulator 9\fs9.exeChemin d’accès du module défaillant: DINPUT8.dllID de rapport : ee4f100d-f20f-11e0-8c91-6cf04902cd5d Everything worked and nothing tonight.I have made ​​no changes on my PC and did not install any other add-on.Thank you for your help and your answers.