Sign in to follow this  
Guest InBetween

Contrails

Guest TerryT

I need help in trying to get the contrails to display in the King Air when flying at or above FL300. Before someone jumps in and says contrails are made only by jet engines in FS2002, what do you think is spinning those props on the King Air?I looked at the aircraft configuration files and it seems that both the 737 and King Air have the same "Effects" codes for the contrails. There must be some other line of code somewhere that tells the contrails to display when at or above FL300 "And" in a jet.I hope there is a solution to this problem and if not, hopefully it will be corrected in FS2004.Terry

Guest TerryT

I found a possible fix to the Microsoft programming goof over at the Flightsim.com forums. They referred me back to Avsim's files for this file. fxgauges11.zipNow only if the rest of the world could cooperate this well.Terry

Guest InBetween

Greetings,In the AVSIM library you could search for:ICFX005.zipThis small download is for adding contrails to the P-38from CFS2, but the XML gauge con be edited for any altitudeand used in other aircraft...the info in this zip can beused as a workshop example...Regards,JR