Sign in to follow this  
Guest wintercon

ORBX Australia Terrain displacement?

Guest wintercon

Hello guysI have now the full set of the ORBX Australia with the addons for the airports and a few extra free addons and decided I am going to have a fly in my CLS 747-200 from perth airport to darwin.The flight was set on dusk so by the time I arrive it will be night time. The weather was building up storm.Now I could not see much of a difference in Perth itself as it was from FSX default to the new ORBX terrain,allthoug the button was activated. Now while I was in flight in 35000 feet with my wings bouncing up and down and coming down in allitude as I was closing in to Darwin International airport I have seen something strange.Part of the terrain looked liked displaced. When looking on my GPS system I am flying over terrain but in real I am flying over water and trees are placed in the water,it looks funny as the whole place is like flooded by water and all trees are under water.Now I am not sure why,I was able to land no problems but the terrain is not identical from the GPS system to the actual terrain.There is this free 76m mesh from this guy Helmuth or something..Do I need to install it to fix the problem??How do I go about that ?Please help.

Guest rap777

:(

Hello guysI have now the full set of the ORBX Australia with the addons for the airports and a few extra free addons and decided I am going to have a fly in my CLS 747-200 from perth airport to darwin.The flight was set on dusk so by the time I arrive it will be night time. The weather was building up storm.Now I could not see much of a difference in Perth itself as it was from FSX default to the new ORBX terrain,allthoug the button was activated. Now while I was in flight in 35000 feet with my wings bouncing up and down and coming down in allitude as I was closing in to Darwin International airport I have seen something strange.Part of the terrain looked liked displaced. When looking on my GPS system I am flying over terrain but in real I am flying over water and trees are placed in the water,it looks funny as the whole place is like flooded by water and all trees are under water.Now I am not sure why,I was able to land no problems but the terrain is not identical from the GPS system to the actual terrain.There is this free 76m mesh from this guy Helmuth or something..Do I need to install it to fix the problem??How do I go about that ?Please help.
Hi!Your best option would be to go to their website and ask for help!Even though they are a bit of a "boysclub" they are generally very helpful (as long as you do not have a different opinion )You must quote your ordernumber though (You do have one don't you)I see you thereAll the best and God blessAlfred

Guest wintercon
:( Hi!Your best option would be to go to their website and ask for help!Even though they are a bit of a "boysclub" they are generally very helpful (as long as you do not have a different opinion )You must quote your ordernumber though (You do have one don't you)I see you thereAll the best and God blessAlfred
I dont have the actual order number as it was not me buying it cause I dont have a credit card,my dad bought the software for me and lives on the other side of the planet.

Guest rap777
I dont have the actual order number as it was not me buying it cause I dont have a credit card,my dad bought the software for me and lives on the other side of the planet.
I see. Still, I would ask your Dad to e-mail you this VERY IMPORTANT information.You must understand that they do have the right to protect their intelectual property in this is a small step in doins so!This is the link to their websitehttp://www.fullterrain.com/All the best and God blessAlfred

Guest wintercon

I will do that but I have to wait till they wake up in europe as there is a time difference.,In the mean time I have found the solution for the problem,since I was flying around in the green tropical zone this is the wet season which causes certain areas to be under water,and I was flying last night in these settings.My bad I suppose. And yes I know that is this VERY Important information,I did read their problem with the Warez scene and I understand that. God Bless you my friend.

Guest kwilson

The north of Australia is in the tropical regions and during the summer months (around Jan, remember it is in the southern hemishpere) it rains a heck of a lot. The water you see is most likely seasonal water which is a feature of ORBX. Hence you sometimes have trees sticking up through water. Try changing the season to winter and the water should disappear.

Guest wintercon

Yes I did not know that..I know it rains a lot in the golden region but I did not know it rains that much up north in the tropical region.That was my bad,its kinda cool to have such a nice extra integrated into FSX which you would not thing of yourself,hehe.Gonna try it tonight and see what difference it makes to have that free 76m terrain mesh installed. Gonna fly throughout day time to see more details from ORBX especially around Perth.Cant wait to fly with my Seahawk around perth,lol.