Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

MD-11 (FS9): Wrong heading after takeoff

Andreas,Agree, heading 019 makes no sence.Was able to reproduce your scenario, both in the FS9 and FSX versions, also without "preloading" the Cessna first, and not arming NAV and PROF before T/O as I normally do in most cases.Still don't understand why these headings show up, need some more time to do more testing on this, and also wait for the oncoming update to see if this has been corrected already.Regarding screenshots:The pictures you provided say it all. Screenshots of the whole panel will not add or clearify things, as the 'after liftoff heading" is nowhere else visible nor selectable. As stated before, it's a heading calculated by the AFS between 60 and 80 kts and presented on the FMA at nosegear lift-off.Harry
Harry, This has not been corrected for the update. You said you have been able to reproduce. Can you provide any description/actions/steps that will always reproduce this? If I can reproduce this on my end, I will be able to fix it. Otherwise there not much I can do about it.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Harry, This has not been corrected for the update. You said you have been able to reproduce. Can you provide any description/actions/steps that will always reproduce this? If I can reproduce this on my end, I will be able to fix it. Otherwise there not much I can do about it.
Just tried it myself Michael, Andreas is quite right - Take off from 34R at KSEA using 34R and first star in fms and at takeoff the pfd does show 019 for a short time, soon changes though. I chucked in KSEA/KSFO, clicked nav & prof and bingo - at initial lift off, pfd reads 019. Easilly reproducable.No idea why Andreas's plane starts a turn to 019 though as it vanishes from the pfd long before autopilot can be engaged.Hope this helps. (FS9 anyway, not tried FSX)John Ellison

Michael,There's in my opinion no "special" set-up needed, but writing this I'm starting up my FSX Vista 32b computer and will indicate my steps.Starting FSX Acceleration.Don't Run FSUIPCFree Flight current aircraft is UltralightChange: Select MD-11 GE KLM N/CCurrent location: Friday HarborChange: KSEA RWY 34RWeather Theme: = Fair WeatherWhen Inisialized:FMC KSEA/CYVRCRZ 120CI 50F-PLN: 34R, SID KMORE1TAKE OFF: Flex 50, Packs ON, Flap 20, S/W= 0/0, OAT 14C, confirm VspeedsMinimums: RA 0, Baro 1147Set STAB Trim (7.2)Dial aFlap -> 20Autobrakes T.O.Spoiler ARMTransponder RA/TASelect TRFCSlats EXT/Flaps 20Alt select 7000VOR1/VOR2HI INT ON, LDG LT EXT ONNormally I would Arm NAV and PROF now before starting the Take-Off.In this case NAV and PROF are NOT armed.starting TO:Set Full Thrust> 70% N1, set AUTOFLIGHTDuring Take-off roll, no rudder input is required nor made.At Vr a normal rotation is started.Observe FMA "TAKEOFF" changes to HEADING 016Set AutopilotSelect PROF and FMS SPD as applicable.Clean up the aircraft.At 7000: observe FMA HEADING 016, PFD HDG013 ND: HDG013, TRK is 016 (solid bowtie) , Selected HDG 343 (dotted open bowtie).Hope this will help you to reproduce as well, and find a clue.For FS9 I had repeatedly similar results but slightly different values of course due to a difference in the magnetic variation across platforms. (however both heading values are very close to the local variation.)Another thing I did yesterday was using rudder inputs - on purpose - during first part of the TO roll and had a liftoff heading of 147!!!Running default FSX scenery, no other add-ons running in the background.Regards,Harry