Sign in to follow this  
Guest R5D4

My Traffic, FSTraffic 2002 or Ultimate Traffic

Guest CHRISH

I am thinking of buying a AI traffic package one of the three above, but which is the best, for add on Airports and quality of traffic?Also will it get rid of that annoying message "scenery objects missing"Thanks,Kind Regards,ChrisEGBB

Read any reviews or user comments you can find. There are those who take pride in making their own AI packages or custom setups. If you enjoy doing it yourself there are a lot of tools to help you although a "My Traffic" or "Ultimate Traffic" has it all done for you. But even then, you will need to tweak certain things to get it just right....[h5]Best Wishes,Randy J. SmithSan Jose Ca[/h5][h3]" A little learning is a dangerous thing"[/h3]AMD [pink]XP[/pink] 2200 |MUNCHKIN 512 DDR RAM |ECS[/b ][i] K7S5A MB[/i] |GF3 64 MEG @ 215/545|WIN XP PRO |MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PLUS 91 19"

So far my observations about all the payware AI packages is that they are pretty much the same.But, Ultimate Traffic seems to have a few extra eyecandy stuff that may set it apart form the rest.There are tools to show you the airport or airline flightplans as they would look printed on paper. Also there is a way to see graphical display of airline's route and some more stuff that i can't remember now.Go check them all out and then decide which one is the best one for you.Cheers

Guest H_Kev55

Having used FSTraffic, help write a review for My Traffic and currently beta testing Ultimate Traffic, I can clearly state that UT will soon be the new leader in payware AI add-ons.The interface will allow you to see and print time tables, airline route sheets and much more.You can also display the routes as mentioned before.UT also comes with sound files that enable you to hear boarding calls and the like.You will be able to add models and textures using the interface.UT is set up so you can add any PAI model or texture available at ProjectAI.UT actually uses PAI models, and surprisingly, my frame rates are better using UT than they are when using all the PAI files I had installed. UT's flight plans will be hours old, not days or weeks, when released. Flight1 has managed to find a way to provide up to the hour flight plans for all their airlines.Even AFCAD files are included in UT. They are only for the default airports, but you can still use AFCAD to install files for any add on scenery file that you install.Flight1 will also be making available new airlines when they are completed.Guys, this is the Ultimate in AI add-ons.You can see many pix of UT in the forums at ProjectAI if you're interested.Or visit the forums at Flight1.Ultimate Traffic is due to release May 9th.Sorry to preach..but you did ask....KJhttp://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...8a521552cbb.jpg

Guest josh0571

ChrisI'll go with Kev on this.If you're happy to spend the dough, UT, IMHO, would be the go, especially given their 'association' with PAI/MRAI/Flight1. These guys are the true experts in AI & their support has always been the best.You really couldn't go wrong with them. Good luck with it all. :)CheersJosh

That Ultimate Traffic sounds really cool and I would love to check it out, but I am going to wait till I see the AI enhancements in the upcoming FS before paying for AI, but I like the boarding call deal, that is sweet! Thanks for the info!!!!Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest R5D4

PAI installers & models are incredibly easy to use and free- having the right looking AI, whilst not 100% accurate to the real world, is more than adequate for my needs. I suppose that UT is pretty much the commercial wing of PAI, and a great alternative to making a donation to PAI directly.

Hi Chris,I dony know about FS traffic, but I am using myself MyTraffic since two months.I would say MT is a very nice product but there are 2 small problems I have experienced;-Impact on frame rate at major airports ( Ican only run MT as 40-50% ATC volume to get acceptable and smooth FPS (12/15 and over)at major places.-Lack of acuracy of traffic at certain places; too many or too few aircraft, KLM F50 in Tunis for instance.... but this is minor.In addition to that, you need to purchase upgrades all the time if you want a complete product (last one is Heavy Twins (A330/B767/777) package that has resulted in many installation problems.So, while I enjoy flying with MT (which freed me from boring Orbit and Pacifica aircrafts...smile), I will without doubt switch to UT as they will provide accurate schedules, more airlines, more planes (and better quality) and a huge number of improvements mentioned above in other replies, airline route charts, airport boards, printing timetables, adding your own flights or planes using the legendary and easy to use Textomatic tool, appently better FPS (gmax a/c).The only point I should mention (if I am right), is that UT, contrary to MT, will not incorporate many charter airlines (nonscheduled) unless they have flights scheduled through the official airline guide (OAG), which are referred to as scheduled/charter operations.But after all, you could include some MT traffic in UT if you wish!!!.Cheers,Patrick

Guest CHRISH

Thanks Patrick for your very kind and detailed reply which is much appreciated.Best Wishes,Chris