Sign in to follow this  

I'm flying the Flight1 Cessna Mustang in FSX with SP2. I'm using RC for ATC. I'm landing at KALN (Alton-St. Louis) on March 7th using Historical weather for that day and the 1500 GMT hour. The ASA report said I should expect winds @ 13 gusting to 18 at 180*. RC said I should expect 80kts at 235*! RC also said the temperture was -45/-50! On final the wind was showing 32kts @ 280* on my PFD and RC actually had it around 13kts when they cleared me to land on runway 29.My question is, why the differences? What's with the tempertures? Who do I believe? Is RC not compatable with ASA ?

Hi,Sorry for the problem. What is the Build number of your ASA?RC is compatible with ASA, but it is getting it's data from FSX.Try with a default plane and see what happens and please report back.Was this ground data or aloft data?The differences could be because of the plane. It does have some issues with winds and temps.I am not sure why RC gave those temps unless they were aloft temps.Please let us know.Thanks,

Okay I was in the air approaching the airport getting my arrival weather from RC (about 60 miles out). My ASA build number is V11.0.0.316, the RC is 4.01, and FSUIPC is 4.30 registered. I have not noticed this problem in other aircraft, except the wild temperture forcasts. They seem to be consistantly off the deep end. I'm most concerned that the forcast conditions are not what I arrive to find. I realize they change, but not that much I wouldn't think, especially when I'm using one historical hour. Of course there may be something I'm not doing right in setting up ASA.

Hi,Your RC should be 4.3.0.3843Your FSUIPC should be updated also.I suggest that you install B 355 of ASA.With all three programs updated I would like to know about your experiences.Thanks,

Hi,Your RC should be 4.3.0.3843Your FSUIPC should be updated also.I suggest that you install B 355 of ASA.With all three programs updated I would like to know about your experiences.Thanks,
How do I get Build 355? Am I missing seeing an update screen on the original ASA?

Woodhick is a close friend. I called him and told him to scroll up for the update. That one I managed to figure out for myself. I'll try the downloads to update my various add ons as soon as I have some time on my home computer (at work right now).

Woodhick is a close friend. I called him and told him to scroll up for the update. That one I managed to figure out for myself. I'll try the downloads to update my various add ons as soon as I have some time on my home computer (at work right now).
Bill keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Thanks All,All I do is watch the Flight1 boards for you guys!!

I hope Barnstormer doesn't mind my jumping in here again. Jim, I have the various updates and build numbers installed as you point out. I am getting the same erroneous wx data for landing. In effect the data aloft is being depicted all the way to landing. Data at take off is OK but then we are stuck with the high altitude data all the way back to the ground. Vista 32 bit, FSX, ASA and RC and all the other usual suspects.

Hi,Are you forcing the destination weather with the one option in ASA?Thanks,

I've had strange issues with things on final too. Last night ATIS reported 30.08 barometer into KOAK, but on approach TRACON and Tower kept giving me 29.94. I decided to stick with 29.94, but upon landing, I was in the minus in altitude. Somewhere between -120 and -140 feet IIRC. This is happening in both ASA and ASv6.5

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

No, I'm not. I don't know about Barny. Should I try it?
No, better with it off.