Sign in to follow this  
Barnstormer16

RC giving odd weather information

I'm flying the Flight1 Cessna Mustang in FSX with SP2. I'm using ASA for weather. I'm landing at KALN (Alton-St. Louis) on March 7th using Historical weather for that day and the 1500 GMT hour. The ASA report said I should expect winds @ 13 gusting to 18 at 180*. RC said I should expect 80kts at 235*! RC also said the temperture was -45/-50! On final the wind was showing 32kts @ 280* on my PFD and RC actually had it around 13kts when they cleared me to land on runway 29.My question is, why the differences? What's with the tempertures? Who do I believe? Is RC not compatable with ASA ?

I'm flying the Flight1 Cessna Mustang in FSX with SP2. I'm using ASA for weather. I'm landing at KALN (Alton-St. Louis) on March 7th using Historical weather for that day and the 1500 GMT hour. The ASA report said I should expect winds @ 13 gusting to 18 at 180*. RC said I should expect 80kts at 235*! RC also said the temperture was -45/-50! On final the wind was showing 32kts @ 280* on my PFD and RC actually had it around 13kts when they cleared me to land on runway 29.My question is, why the differences? What's with the tempertures? Who do I believe? Is RC not compatable with ASA ?
what version of rc? what version of fsuipc? what other addons do you have, and versions?i only report what fs tells me. if fs is wrong, so will i.if you can duplicate the problem, make a log, instructions pinned at the top of the forum, and send it to me. tell me what the correct weather is, and what rc reportedjd

FSUIPC is registered version 4.30, ASA in V11.0.0.316, and RC is 4.01. I'm also exploring the problem on the ASA site and they say it may have something to do with the Mustang..humm.It has happened before, I can't remember if only with the Mustang (which I fly a lot). The tempertures seem to always be a bit off the wall. As I told the ASA folks, it may be something I'm not doing right in setting up ASA. I do know that everything works fine with ASV6.5.

FSUIPC is registered version 4.30, ASA in V11.0.0.316, and RC is 4.01. I'm also exploring the problem on the ASA site and they say it may have something to do with the Mustang..humm.It has happened before, I can't remember if only with the Mustang (which I fly a lot). The tempertures seem to always be a bit off the wall. As I told the ASA folks, it may be something I'm not doing right in setting up ASA. I do know that everything works fine with ASV6.5.
rc is at 4.3, if you need the link, send me an email.jd

I get a similar problem with ASA (though not with the Mustang). It's as though the weather at upper flight levels is being reported - high winds, Antarctic temperatures.

Petraeus

I get a similar problem with ASA (though not with the Mustang). It's as though the weather at upper flight levels is being reported - high winds, Antarctic temperatures.
Are you sure you don't hear the phrase "in flight" before listening the ATIS? Because it seems you're trying to get it too far away from the airport.Fede

Are you sure you don't hear the phrase "in flight" before listening the ATIS? Because it seems you're trying to get it too far away from the airport.Fede
I know when I get ATIS from FS it might give me a visualibilty of 50 miles and Active Sky will give me 10miles.

No - this happens when my automatic copilot is "needing to leave the frequency to get weather", 50 miles out, which RC is triggering itself.The problem is not one of distance, but altitude. It's as though the weather that is being reported is the weather at the altitude I'm flying at. It's bizarre, approaching Dubai, to hear about hurricane-force winds and sub-zero temperatures. When you land, you start looking for penguins among the sand dunes. :(

Petraeus

No - this happens when my automatic copilot is "needing to leave the frequency to get weather", 50 miles out, which RC is triggering itself.The problem is not one of distance, but altitude. It's as though the weather that is being reported is the weather at the altitude I'm flying at. It's bizarre, approaching Dubai, to hear about hurricane-force winds and sub-zero temperatures. When you land, you start looking for penguins among the sand dunes. :(
if you send me a .log, i can tell you what the problem is on your machine.jd

if you send me a .log, i can tell you what the problem is on your machine.jd
It's en route.

Petraeus

It's en route.
i have your log, but have not looked at it. keep in mind, rc only reports what fs tells me the weather is. if rc's weather isn't what you think it should be, you may need to look at your weather add-on, to see if it is pushing it's weather into fs at a regular and fast interval.jd

i have your log, but have not looked at it. keep in mind, rc only reports what fs tells me the weather is. if rc's weather isn't what you think it should be, you may need to look at your weather add-on, to see if it is pushing it's weather into fs at a regular and fast interval.jd
When I've had a strange report, I've brought up ASA's window and checked ASA's own report for the destination airfield. There is invariably a discrepancy. If I'm flying high, that can be a large discrepancy. For example, sub-zero temperatures being reported at Dubai are never going to be correct, it's not a simple matter of time delays with weather servers or programs.

Petraeus

When I've had a strange report, I've brought up ASA's window and checked ASA's own report for the destination airfield. There is invariably a discrepancy. If I'm flying high, that can be a large discrepancy. For example, sub-zero temperatures being reported at Dubai are never going to be correct, it's not a simple matter of time delays with weather servers or programs.
but sub-zero temperatures above dubai are completely possible. when metar says a,b,c,d and active sky says it is a,b,c,d and rc is saying it is q,r,s,t - the real question is, what does fs say it is. i would bet dollars to donuts that fs says it is closer to q,r,s,t than a,b,c,d.i only report what fs says. i have no link to active sky or any other weather add-on.here's something else to try. turn off active sky. let fs control the weather. what does fs say the weather is? then what does rc say the weather is. if they are different, then i'd like to see that log.jd

I bet everyone having this problem is using DWC in ASA with FSX. THis mode of operation uses global weather set to what the conditions are around the aircraft instead of station based, so all stations will report what is around the aircraft. It has been discussed already over in the HiFi forum. The only way to get the real weather at destination is to use the HiFi weather frequency--122.0.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

I bet everyone having this problem is using DWC in ASA with FSX. THis mode of operation uses global weather set to what the conditions are around the aircraft instead of station based, so all stations will report what is around the aircraft. It has been discussed already over in the HiFi forum. The only way to get the real weather at destination is to use the HiFi weather frequency--122.0.
what is DWC?