Sign in to follow this  
Guest santiagoluib3

Recommend Short Regional flights in U.S. / Canada ?

Guest santiagoluib3

Hi All,Can you guys recommend an area in the U.S./Canada where I can do short regional flights, with some good terrain landscape? I mean flights that last anywhere between 30-minutes to 1 hour on, say.... default Baron or Piper Cheyenne? I dont like long hauls on Jumbos, partly because I like GA planes (particularly twins); I love to 'hand fly' these planes; I love to enjoy the beautiful terrain add-ons . I have GEX/UTX (US/Can) , FEX, ASX. Been flying countless of hours in the Hawaiian chain islands (that's the Ouaho island Megascenery + Aerosoft Dillngham Scenery, plus the GEX coverage on the rest of the islands). The distances between airports are just nice with the Piper Cheyenne (from DA), flights that last within 30-min to 1 hour. With FTX Australia, I have also spent countless hours on this beautiful terrain too, but I find most airports are farther apart (except between small dirt airstrips). I live here in Asia, and there's not much info I know about US/Canada geography, much less in the world of aviation. I do spend time in the Portland area though, Vancouver Canada, San Fransciso, but I'd like to explore more... preferably more on the countryside :) Santiago

Guest JimC1702

Here's one of mine. It starts at my local airport, Fulton County airport, Johnstown, NY (NY0) and goes to Adirondack Regional aiport in Saranac Lake, NY. It will take you over some really nice scenery. The Great Sacandaga Lake, the Sacandaga River, the upper Hudson River, Lake George, Schroon Lake, and over the high peaks of the Adirondack Mountains. You can fly VFR or fly the Glens Falls (KGFL) VOR to the Saranac Lake VOR. If you're in the mood for more, you can take off Saranac Lake and head east, over Lake Champlain, to Rutland or Burlington, VT. I've done updates to Fulton County and Adirondack Regional airports that you will find in the library here. Makes them a little more interesting than the default. You can also find Burlington International.Jim

Guest BravoEchoAlphaRomeo

I'm currently flying a cross-Canada tour following the Trans-Canada Highway system that runs from Victoria, BC to St. John's, NL. If you go to the Trans-Canada Highway website's itinerary page HERE and scroll down a bit you'll see tons of routes from town to town running about 200km each. The Google Map provided for each leg helps in making your flight plan.So far, the flight legs from Vancouver, BC to Lake Louise, AB have provided the nicest scenery through the Rocky Mountains.Hope that helps. :(

Guest jshyluk

In one of my reviews, which came out around the time of the Simpsons Movie, I had screenshots from flights originating from every Springfield in the FSX directory. That will get you a lot of interesting American scenery, including one of the world's longest runways. Springfield, Oregon has some of the nicest scenery in my opinion. Beyond that, I also like flights in Vermont (Savage Island is my favourite) as well as Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Really, though, there's no shortage of places to look at: the west coast, the east coast, the Rockies, the Appalachians and the Tetons, the Californian Baja and the Gulf of Mexico, and, or course the expanse of the midwest and the prairie, and the Great White North!Jeff ShylukSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Hi All,Can you guys recommend an area in the U.S./Canada where I can do short regional flights, with some good terrain landscape? I mean flights that last anywhere between 30-minutes to 1 hour on, say.... default Baron or Piper Cheyenne? I dont like long hauls on Jumbos, partly because I like GA planes (particularly twins); I love to 'hand fly' these planes; I love to enjoy the beautiful terrain add-ons . I have GEX/UTX (US/Can) , FEX, ASX. Been flying countless of hours in the Hawaiian chain islands (that's the Ouaho island Megascenery + Aerosoft Dillngham Scenery, plus the GEX coverage on the rest of the islands). The distances between airports are just nice with the Piper Cheyenne (from DA), flights that last within 30-min to 1 hour. With FTX Australia, I have also spent countless hours on this beautiful terrain too, but I find most airports are farther apart (except between small dirt airstrips). I live here in Asia, and there's not much info I know about US/Canada geography, much less in the world of aviation. I do spend time in the Portland area though, Vancouver Canada, San Fransciso, but I'd like to explore more... preferably more on the countryside :) Santiago
If you have not already,download Victoria+ and fly between Victoria-Seattle-Vancouver.

Bert

Guest abrucer

Go to "www.kelownaairvirtual.com" The flight schedules for the Kelowna and Grand Forks hub have numerous short flights suitable for ga light twins. British Columbia,Montana,Wyoming, and Washington state all have scenic and challenging flying.Bruce

Guest santiagoluib3

Thank you guys!! Wow, this is a whole lot of places to try :) I've been away from FSX world for a good 6 months or so. Now I'd like to make a big come back! Just in time with the FPS Limiter app that makes my simming experience much more smoother.Again, thanks a lot for your recommendations and tips. I will definitely try each one of them.Santiago

If you have not already,download Victoria+ and fly between Victoria-Seattle-Vancouver.
Gotta go with Bert on this one: you can fly seaplane/flying boat, commercial regional jet, piston twin - almost anything you like, in this area. Vic+ is filled with detail.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi All,Can you guys recommend an area in the U.S./Canada where I can do short regional flights, with some good terrain landscape? I mean flights that last anywhere between 30-minutes to 1 hour on, say.... default Baron or Piper Cheyenne? Santiago
Take off the KBJC (Rocky Mountain Metro) in the Denver area (on take-off from 29R, the preferred runway in zero wind, look dead ahead and you will see my home town- Boulder, Colorado). Fly to KEGE (Eagle- close to the Vale ski resorts), via the RLG VOR (Kremmling - if you have approcah plates you can do the KEGE 27 LOC approach from the RLG). However, you may need something with more power than the Baron, as you have some 13,000' mountains in the way of this flight :) ).Bruce.

Make sure and stop at Diamond Point 2WA1, not sure how good it is in FSX, but the georender version in FS9 was great.

Go to flycapeair.com. They are a real airline that flys twins so you can do their real world flights and destinations. I did some nice flights in the North East USA Cape Cod area, New York State, Florida, Caribbean and they also do some Island hopping in Micronesia of all places. I did them mostly in the summer time when the scenery was nice. However, to make things interesting I also did some more flights in the Northeast USA in winter with bad weather. Lots of fun and realistic.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Guest santiagoluib3
However, you may need something with more power than the Baron, as you have some 13,000' mountains in the way of this flight :) ).Bruce.
..that means, in essence, I can't fly with the Twin Otter or my imaginary passengers will die of soffocation or hypoxia (is the term and spelling correct?) lol

..that means, in essence, I can't fly with the Twin Otter or my imaginary passengers will die of soffocation or hypoxia (is the term and spelling correct?) lol
Hahahah........................Try this flight S18 ( Forks ) to 11S ( Sekiu ) to 2WA1 ( Diamond Point )

LOL- but- here in the US, your pax can fly at up to 15,000' for up to 30 minutes without supplemental oxygen- no, it's not O2 that's the problem, it's the engines......and the marginal performance at those altitudes to overcome mountain weather....I actually fly out of KBJC, although with just a C172, which also couldn't make this flight without some element of risk :)Good luck.... Bruce.