Sign in to follow this  
Sumit

PMDG 747X - 2 Questions

Hi,I had two questions:1. In the FS9 version of the 747 there was a key mapping option for "soft A/T disconnect" but i cannot find it in the FSX version. Was that removed? (the only option i have to map the "disconnect A/T" which physically toggles the A/T switch on the MCP).2. I was performing some touch-n-go's on the 747 as well the 744F (both FSX version), and i noticed that after the 1st landing, the radio altimeter calls do not play on subsequent landing, is that a known issue?Thanks,Sumit Sehgal

Guest jibbyq

HiIn response to 2. I believe you have to climb through 2500 Feet to reset the radio altimeter callous in the 744. I also recall that there is a way to "soft disconnect" the A/T in the 744X using the PMDG key mapping but I'm not near my sim now so I can't check what its called.Jibran

Hi Jibran,Thanks, I found the key mapping, for some reason its called reset TOGA. But i tried doing circuits at 3000 ft (2800 AGL) and the callouts still did not occur after the first landing. ThanksSumit Sehgal

Hi Jibran,Thanks, I found the key mapping, for some reason its called reset TOGA. But i tried doing circuits at 3000 ft (2800 AGL) and the callouts still did not occur after the first landing. ThanksSumit Sehgal
Whenever doing circuits I keep above 3000ft to get the calloutsRob

Rob Prest

Cool, I'll try doing them at 3500 ft AGL and see what happens. Secondly, does anyone know if the FS9 repaints for 747 work in FSX? Thanks,Sumit Sehgal

They might but there are perfectly good liveries for 747X... FSX has a much better graphics capability that the FS9 paint jobs can't take advantage of.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey Dan,Yep, i agree with you. I was just curious about those. :( Thanks,Sumit SehgalP.S: Thanks for the terminal proc's they are simply awesome!!