Sign in to follow this  
Chalkman

How good is the Realflight - F6F Hellcat

This one looks great, but for those who have it, how does it stack up to say..the RealAir Spitfire? Hard to decide which to buy.

Hello,I have The Realflight Hellcat and I think it's fantastic!! visually it's stunning,the cockpit is amazing as most all things work and are clickable,they;ve patched it a few times to get rid of some bugs such as overheating so it has great support,and it's very reasonably priced which I find is great in today's turbulent economy.

Hard to decide which to buy.
Buy both! At the moment I prefer the Hellcat actually, but everyone should have the realair spit, so if you can only buy one, go for the spitfire.:)

And don't forget the A2A P-47 with AccuSim!Have a look at it, there are some very informative videos at A2A's Site about the bird!It's really a huge step forward in addons system deepth....

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And don't forget the A2A P-47 with AccuSim!Have a look at it, there are some very informative videos at A2A's Site about the bird!It's really a huge step forward in addons system deepth....
Mmmmm!? :(

Mmmmm!? :(
So the A2A P47 doesn't stack up? I suppose I should take a look at that one, but for the moment I am focused on the Hellcat, having seen one over at the Camarillo Airport and kinda fell in love with it. There is a ww2 museum of sorts over there, they have a Zero, a Liberator, a C-46 named "China Doll" and a T6 Texan all in various states of restoration. Thanks for the input guys, I'll give it a go (the Hellcat.)

What does you mean Dougal???

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

So the A2A P47 doesn't stack up? I suppose I should take a look at that one, but for the moment I am focused on the Hellcat, having seen one over at the Camarillo Airport and kinda fell in love with it. There is a ww2 museum of sorts over there, they have a Zero, a Liberator, a C-46 named "China Doll" and a T6 Texan all in various states of restoration. Thanks for the input guys, I'll give it a go (the Hellcat.)
Definitely check out the A2A (Formerly Shockwave Productions) products, I have the Mustang, which I have also flown for real, and it is very close to the real thing, even being able to manuever at low speed without stalling. Check my videos, I have 3 of my real flight and 2 of it simmed.http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest Mower

I continue to fail to see the point in combat jets with FSX.IL2/1946 is the platform for this, where can fire the weapons and deploy the a/c in a tactical environment.

I continue to fail to see the point in combat jets with FSX.IL2/1946 is the platform for this, where can fire the weapons and deploy the a/c in a tactical environment.
None of the aircraft being discussed in this thread are jets, they are WWII era Propeller fighter planes!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The Realflight Hellcat indeed CAN fire rockets,fire guns and drop ordnance.

Guest kwilson
WWII fighter aircraft are still flown today (although none in combat environments, I hope :) ). Over Christmas I went to a small town airshow where you could take joyflights in a Mustang, Trojan or Yak. If you want to fly a WWII fighter in FSX and be completely accurate then you can just say you are simulating their real world use in the 21st century. ie joyflights, airshow displays and simulated combat flights (you will have to make your own akakakakaka sound fx though).