Sign in to follow this  
Guest playmkr17

Flight Engineer question

Guest playmkr17

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I was wondering if there are ever any problems with the aircraft when the engineer hands you the aircraft when you first start up fs2crew, or does he always say "I cant believe it, there's absolutely nothing wrong shes perfect" <--(or whatever he says). Another question, I had a drunk passenger recently and I carried out the normal procedures and diverted. When I got on the ground there wasn't any audio that informed me that he got arrested or anything...Is there normally audio for that? There are a few things I didnt do when I diverted maybe this affected the audio, I didnt inform the FA or cabin with the TOD announcements, and I didnt call for specs, I guess thats all I didnt do. I dont know why I didnt do those things but maybe that affected the audio, or maybe there isnt audio once you get on the ground. I think the specs did itThanks-Ryan

I'm sorry if this has been answered but I was wondering if there are ever any problems with the aircraft when the engineer hands you the aircraft when you first start up fs2crew, or does he always say "I cant believe it, there's absolutely nothing wrong shes perfect" <--(or whatever he says). Another question, I had a drunk passenger recently and I carried out the normal procedures and diverted. When I got on the ground there wasn't any audio that informed me that he got arrested or anything...Is there normally audio for that? There are a few things I didnt do when I diverted maybe this affected the audio, I didnt inform the FA or cabin with the TOD announcements, and I didnt call for specs, I guess thats all I didnt do. I dont know why I didnt do those things but maybe that affected the audio, or maybe there isnt audio once you get on the ground. I think the specs did itThanks-Ryan
Hello Ryan,FS2Crew detects if there are any malfunctions with the plane and adjust the engineer's dialogue accordingly. However, FS2Crew does not "add" the malfunction. It would have to already be there.Diversions: There is no additional audio once you get on the ground.All the best,

Guest playmkr17

you said fs2crew doesnt add malfunctions it would already have to be there...so how can you get malfunctions to already be there if possible. Im pretty sure that the level d failures are disabled when fs2crew is running so how would you ever get any kind of failure with fs2crew...you would never need to use the divert (mech) button. Did the makers of fs2crew record any other sayings from the flight engineer? or did they just know its not possible to have a mech fault to begin with?

At the beginning of the flight when you ask the engineer if there are any defects with the plane, FS2Crew will scan the aircraft to see if any defects are presents, and the engineer's response will be based on those findings.That's all FS2Crew does in that sense. If a defect should happen to be there (as read via the 767's SDK), the engineers should mention it.Cheers,

Essentially it means that there is only chance of the flight engineer mentioning problems if:- you are loading a panel state (saved flight) which had failures- you are making a "through flight" without restarting the sim and something failed during your flight in- you started a flight, and then configured the 767 to have a failure, before starting FS2CrewKimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png

Guest playmkr17

So just for kicks I started up the level d went to failures and loaded a failed altimeter then I loaded FS2crew just to see what he says, he still responded that there were no defects. :( I dont know maybe I am looking too far into this whole engineer thing

So just for kicks I started up the level d went to failures and loaded a failed altimeter then I loaded FS2crew just to see what he says, he still responded that there were no defects. :( I dont know maybe I am looking too far into this whole engineer thing
Good question! The answer is that not ALL failures are covered. Bryan has the complete listing but if I remember correctly, a broken altimeter was not on the list.Kimmo Kylevoice set managementBanner_FS2Crew_Team.png