Sign in to follow this  
strider

MD-11 load mngr not working as I thought?

When I open the MD-11 load manager, load my pax/cargo load and fuel, and then "save", the fuel load is not showing up in a newly created flight? I'm FS9, BTW. My understanding of the load manager was that fuel would not be loaded into a "saved flight" but would be loaded into a newly created MD-11 flight? This does not seem to be happening...or have I misunderstood? Victor Buck

When you say save the load manager says "fuel is not applied to saved flights" (I think). This means that it won't save to the MD-11 not necessarily flight simulator saved flights. So, you must go to the addon menu and change the aircraft fuel from the aircraft fuel menu.James

When you say save the load manager says "fuel is not applied to saved flights" (I think). This means that it won't save to the MD-11 not necessarily flight simulator saved flights. So, you must go to the addon menu and change the aircraft fuel from the aircraft fuel menu.James
Thanks for the reply James. I thought it would save the fuel load to a NEW flight created with the MD-11. I will add my fuel with the PMDG menu whether saved or new flight. Victor Buck

Don't press Save to file but Send to FSX. I always setup a flight and when I am in the plane I load a state and after that I run the load manager, set it up, and press Send to FSX. Works all the time. I never use hte Save to file option...

Don't press Save to file but Send to FSX. I always setup a flight and when I am in the plane I load a state and after that I run the load manager, set it up, and press Send to FSX. Works all the time. I never use hte Save to file option...
That works for FSX,but he is on FS9! :( Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

When I open the MD-11 load manager, load my pax/cargo load and fuel, and then "save", the fuel load is not showing up in a newly created flight? I'm FS9, BTW. My understanding of the load manager was that fuel would not be loaded into a "saved flight" but would be loaded into a newly created MD-11 flight? This does not seem to be happening...or have I misunderstood? Victor Buck
Hi Victor!I have FS9 and the Load Manager does exactly what it says! It doesn

I can verify Leffe's comments...If you use the load manager for new flights, the fuel you enter is distributed across the three main tanks...Andrew

That works for FSX,but he is on FS9! :( Ralf
Oops, sorry.

Nope, for some reason it's not working for me. When I create a new flight with the MD-11, it never has the fuel I asked for and saved in the Load Manager. Not a big deal, really...I just have to ensure I set it in the PMDG ingame menu. Victor Buck

Guest pegase
Nope, for some reason it's not working for me. When I create a new flight with the MD-11, it never has the fuel I asked for and saved in the Load Manager. Not a big deal, really...I just have to ensure I set it in the PMDG ingame menu. Victor Buck
Exactly the same for me. The ZFW matches what I set on the load manager but I have to adjust via the PMDG menu. But indeed not abig deal.

Victor,The fuel you set in the load manager is saved in the MD11Gauges.ini file at the {FS9}/PMDG directory. Make sure you have write access to this directory/file, otherwise the fuel amount cannot be saved. If this is our problem, then you will also not be able to save the various options set from the PMDG menu. Is this working for you? For example if you select "tape" type displays from the PMDG menu, and then exit FS9, will you see tape "tape" displays when you start FS9 and launch the MD-11 again?

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Victor,The fuel you set in the load manager is saved in the MD11Gauges.ini file at the {FS9}/PMDG directory. Make sure you have write access to this directory/file, otherwise the fuel amount cannot be saved. If this is our problem, then you will also not be able to save the various options set from the PMDG menu. Is this working for you? For example if you select "tape" type displays from the PMDG menu, and then exit FS9, will you see tape "tape" displays when you start FS9 and launch the MD-11 again?
While options that I select, such as "tape" displays, are saved after selection and restart, the fuel set in the load manager doesn't reflect that; it always reverts to what was present when I previously shut FS9/MD-11 down.Dave Skuback

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

Write access is not the problem...that is allowed. I just checked the settings and it can be written to. Everything else you asked works normally. I can save whatever options and they always show up in the various PMDG panels (those that accept them, of course). Not sure why it's happening to a couple of us...but...not a huge deal. Victor Buck