Sign in to follow this  
Guest niceguy2782

new rules for uploads... are there?

Guest niceguy2782

Sorry if I come off a bit arrogant here, but are there any new rules for uploads, especially where using basic HTML for text formatting?If there is a problem with that, then why not scrap it entirely and have no one use HTML... why do the managers instead decide to scrap the text entirely?The last couple of my uploads' text has been completely mucked up, and I still don't know why.It's a great service you provide and I'm thankful.. but if there is something we shouldn't be doing whilst uploading file, then please let us know what it is in the first place, rather than having no objections to begin with and then deciding to bring about some objections after the upload has been made.

Terence,I appreciate your post so that there will hopefully be no more tension in the future.Obviously, all the managers know the policies like the back of our hands, and just like anything else in this world, our duty requires some self judgement also. Personally speaking, I don't mess with the HTML unless it gets VERY excessive. Sometimes people will upload with full pictures in the description, or just something crazy like font size 72. That's the only time I will either scrap it entirely, e-mail the author to re-upload, or if it's not too bad I will edit it.I hope that answers your question. If not, I encourage you to query some more, because there is nothing we hate to see more than our users frustrated!

Guest niceguy2782

Thanks for your reply Chase.Not frustrated just a bit annoyed :( Also had to check to make sure I wasn't messing things up for the rest of the page display and since i was last asked to have, never made excessive use of HTML and even left out any sort of URL links, hence the annoyance as to why this was done even though the text was so simple.I hope it doesn't happen again.