Sign in to follow this  
xender

My nights are too bright :(

mine looks like that....it's the water reflection the moon's light.... i'm pretty sure it's normal
It's normal in FSX if you set the water settings to 2X Medium or higher (I think that is it). You can try using the 2X Low or 1X settings to get rid of it. But there is an easier and better solution.Get the freeware FS Water Configurator for FSX. It has a setting that eliminates it altogether. Plus the program allows you to do some amazing other things with the water in FSX. Link below:http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/

Rick Ryan

Hi guys!Please look at this:http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scr...01mar090006.jpgLook at the sea... is too bright. like an aluminium sea or something. how can i fix that??
Impossible question to answer unless we know what date/time/season this was taken with so that the moon phase could be calculated.It looks like moonshine from a full moon, which would be normal.

Impossible question to answer unless we know what date/time/season this was taken with so that the moon phase could be calculated.It looks like moonshine from a full moon, which would be normal.
C'mon, Missionguy. It's not "impossible to answer". It's been documented to death ever since the release of FSX. It's FSX's over-reflection of the moonshine on water bodies with higher water settings enabled. Just get the FS Water Configurator I linked to and it's an easy fix for ANY water setting in FSX. Heck, FS Water Configurator actually has a pre-configured set of water settings in it that you can select with one mous-click that will solve the entire problem. Or you can move a slider that will solve it with a whole bunch of other water settings you can choose to create your own water configurations, without the moonshine problem happening in any of them.FalconAF

Rick Ryan

It's not "impossible to answer". It's been documented to death
Falcon,What I was trying to get at is that the picture itself, absent the context of knowing whether there was a full moon, didn't provide enough information to gauge whether the picture was accurately depicting the scene or not.Agree that the nights are too bright, but trying to get more detail from the OP is all.You seem to have the topic in hand, so, I'll just bow out.

Falcon,What I was trying to get at is that the picture itself, absent the context of knowing whether there was a full moon, didn't provide enough information to gauge whether the picture was accurately depicting the scene or not.Agree that the nights are too bright, but trying to get more detail from the OP is all.You seem to have the topic in hand, so, I'll just bow out.
Maybe our monitor settings are different...contrast, brightness, etc. When I pulled up the linked pic, it showed exactly what you would see in FSX with the water moonglow over-effect. I'll grant you maybe we were seeing different things in the image.

Rick Ryan