Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

EDDH - EDDK (strange weather depiction)

OK, settings:General Options the same except for Local Suppression Range = 200 miles.Cloud Options = 10, 0, 100, 0, 100, 50, 50, 50, 20Wind Options = (wind) 50, 100, 0, 50, 0, 50 (Thermals) 50, 50, 500, 500Visibility = three ticks, 0, 100, 60FS2004 Weather Settings:Sight Distance = 60miCloud draw = 40mi3D Cloud = 100%Detailed Clouds, MaximumFSUIPC is recommended "minimum settings" for weather, similar to yours.Cloud and sky textures from Flight Environment (Clouds = Red Dragons, Ambiguity, Dangerous Daze, Distinctions, Sky (day) = Tropical)AlastairPS - ignore the "after latest update" images. Stupidly I installed the update to the default location rather than where ASA actually was ! It now shows the correct Build 394. If I get a chance (tomorrow) I'll see if this does make any difference.

Thanks Alastair,Just before I try again (I use GEPro textures, don't have FE - but this shouldn't make a difference)Do you have DWC enabled (as someone said somewhere else that this effect other items as well as VIS)?ThanksNeil

beta.gif

Hi Neil,I understood DWC to only apply to FSX. As this is FS2004 I have the Prevent Cloud Redraws (FSX DWC Mode) on the Cloud Options page unticked.Cheers,Alastair

I think that DWC also applies to FS9, I do have all the FSX options unticked.I might try and untick DWC so that mine completely mirrors yours.Thanks again,Neil

beta.gif

Right, mirroring your settings now (have disabled DWC as well just in case).I also tried a different GEPro Graphics snapshotTot the NorthTo the EastTo the SouthTo the WestA bit better, but still a lot of blue about for an overcast sky)Thanks for your help on this one Alastair, I hope that the Hifi guys can helpNeil

beta.gif

It should definitely say build 394 in ASA, it does on my system in FSX and FS9 mode.

Cheers, Andy.

It should definitely say build 394 in ASA, it does on my system in FSX and FS9 mode.
Hi Andy,I edited my 1812 posting to correct what I said - I'd installed the new update to the wrong location .....Cheers,Alastair

Thanks Alastair,better than what I am getting, but still lots of blue sky around (for OVC conditions).Are you also getting the same vis problems as me (eg, in low vis, the vis does not drop on descent until very low level) or am I the sole owner with this problem?NeilC

beta.gif

Hi Neil,Even though I haven't posted to you in a few, I want you to know that I have not forgotten about you and your situation.Thanks!

Guest TIYCS
HiFi support is second to none!!!
Well it's certainly getting better! Sure hope to see more of it here over time.