Sign in to follow this  
flacs

scenery

Hi: I would need some help with this. Im having between 35 to 40 FPS. Maximum stablished is 40. (maybe too much?) The problem is that scenery builds very slowly in front of the plane. Rectangles, that appear completly white, forms showing the scenery while the plane goes on and practlicly under the plane. Nothing on the front. I remember that with FS2004 I could see all scenry up to the "horizon". Is there something I can twitch to have a better performance, or which is the origin of this problem ??Thanks and regards, flacs

Guest firehawk44
Is there something I can twitch to have a better performance, or which is the origin of this problem ??Thanks and regards, flacs
Not a problem for most. Sounds like your system is starving for memory or beginning to run out of memory. That's why your scenery is not rendering properly. You'll need to lower your sliders in your configuration. You might need an upgraded system too (you didn't mention your system specs). There are a lot of threads on properly configurating your system for FSX on this forum. One of the best is a thread posted by NickN on Setting up FSX and How to Tune it Right. You can do a search for NickN and you'll find the thread the fastest.Best regards,Jim

Not a problem for most. Sounds like your system is starving for memory or beginning to run out of memory. That's why your scenery is not rendering properly. You'll need to lower your sliders in your configuration. You might need an upgraded system too (you didn't mention your system specs). There are a lot of threads on properly configurating your system for FSX on this forum. One of the best is a thread posted by NickN on Setting up FSX and How to Tune it Right. You can do a search for NickN and you'll find the thread the fastest.Best regards,Jim
Jim: mu computer in new: 3 days. Asus p5K Premium Mother / Intel Core 2 Duo 2.80 GHz / GeForce 9500GT / 4 Gigas Ram. I belive this suould be suficint to run FSX?Thanks for your advice.Jose.

I agree it sounds like a tuning issue. Your system has to split resources between creating frames or loading textures. Sounds like with your current settings you are emphasizing creating frames. It could be partially a memory utilization issue as well. The Nick_N thread gives some ideas on using settings like bufferpools and texturebandwidthmult which might help throughput, after which you have to decide on the trade of frames/quality.scott s..

I agree it sounds like a tuning issue. Your system has to split resources between creating frames or loading textures. Sounds like with your current settings you are emphasizing creating frames. It could be partially a memory utilization issue as well. The Nick_N thread gives some ideas on using settings like bufferpools and texturebandwidthmult which might help throughput, after which you have to decide on the trade of frames/quality.scott s..Thank you very much. Ill try lowering frame rates. Flacs