Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macs

APOLLO Airbus Fly By Wire A320/A340 compared to PSS A320

Hello there,I just came from the AERO Friedrischhafen in Germany and have bought this product. I have bought also the south photorealistic mesh scenery for Germany which is amazing,However do not buy the Airbus FLY By Wire product,It looks fancy, comes in a nice box. displays real wx terrain. that's itThe sound is ####. The model is from Project Airbus.The virtual panel looks crapp,The Fly by wire is really complicated to use.I have used the PSS A320. It' simply the best product.I would give these guys more money for the product the have invented.Best regardsGerritI dont have the time to give you an exact detail why Airbus Fly By wire sucks.I am selling in now on ebay.de

Guest Macs

Gerrit, Although I agree with you about not buying the Appollo FBW,I think that comparing it to the PSS in terms of FBW and other airbus systems wasnt really right either. PSS A3xx is a sweet model,sweet VC and great sounds. Thats where the Buck stops in my opinion.There is little if any modelling of FBW. Most switches on the Overhead are "dummy" and the FMGS isnt much better either.What am I trying to say? Comparing a product that is more similar to Boeing as it is to Airbus wasnt a great comparison ;)Before I get attacked,I just wanta say that I do fly the PSS..it doesnt mean that the PSS is a great simulation of airbus. I'm not flaming or looking for a debate people,so before typing your respones(if any)-thinkRegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.ukP 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Guest sidewinder

Post some screenshots of the main panel please. thnx

Guest jcomm

I am sorry, but the closest I ever got to the Fly By Wire spirit is what I am geting from Wilco PICA320 + Patch 1.0I did order the Apollo product, and look forward to test it too.PSS was once my preferred MSFS add-on.

The closest I ever came to FBW was when I stepped into a real C172...Direct cable link between the yoke and the controls, that's real FBW.Both PSS and Wilco do a decent job within the constraints of what FS2002 has to offer, period.