Sign in to follow this  
BartEnder

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Guys, after changing UserVA settings under Vista 32bit 4GB ram I have this ugly error...KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR on Blue Screen. Great, isnt't it?I have set 2048, 2172, 2560 and almost 3000 - everytime the same. I have found somewhere, that this could be due to a HDD failure - no, ScanDisk found no errors. Any clue where to dig?Bufferpools and TextureMaxBandwith are set to default

BartYou really need to look at the error code: http://windowsitpro.com/articles/images/kernel_data.htmCOMMON KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE ERRORS(Error Code Error Name Description 0xC000009A STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES Indicates a lack of nonpaged pool resources xC000009C STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR Indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk 0xC000009D STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED Indicates defective or loose computer or power cables, a problem with SCSI termination, or improper controller or disk configuration0xC000016A STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED Indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk 0xC0000185 STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR Indicates improper termination, defective storage controller hardware, defective disk cabling, or two devices attempting to use the same resourcesThis is a good starting point: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms793989.aspx You may need to run chkdsk c: /r. I would also use bcedit to remove the USERVA line from your boot.ini fileRegardsPeterH

peterhayes, I have read that already, checkdisk did not find an issue as I wrote.I have found the most propably reason - FSFlight Keeper. To be precise, the wrong entry in Weather Tab - I have switched some time ago from ASX to ASA, and did not change this in FSFK. Will confirm that on sunday.