Sign in to follow this  
Guest cadet54

ASA Major Problems

Guest cadet54

Hey guys..I purchased ASA about 3 weeks ago upgrading from AS6.5...was happy with it for a little until I started hitting some problems...I saw there was a topic about how the METAR doesn't match up with whats really going on in the world such as cloud layers and visability issues....I looked on the fourms tried everything no luck...I used to get random stutters with ASA until i updated it with the beta patch...it fixed it alittle but I still get random stutters...My processor is a Core duo 3.0ghz...running it with 8800GTX and have 2 gig or ram...I run FS9 very nicely...it stays locked at about 69FPS...when I run ASA the FPS is fine its just the random cloud pop ups that cause it to stutter...i was wondering if this was all going to change with the SP1 release...I gave up on ASA for now and went back to AS6.5 its a shame it look likes a great program but i am having to many problems running it...I also forgot to add that within the last week i tried starting ASA up and the loading screen would come up and I would get an error saying ASA has to shut down...since then I couldnt run it anymore and went back to AS6.5...I tried re installing it but no luck...ill just wait for the SP1 to come out i guess..

Guest CX355
Hey guys..I purchased ASA about 3 weeks ago upgrading from AS6.5...was happy with it for a little until I started hitting some problems...I saw there was a topic about how the METAR doesn't match up with whats really going on in the world such as cloud layers and visability issues....I looked on the fourms tried everything no luck...I used to get random stutters with ASA until i updated it with the beta patch...it fixed it alittle but I still get random stutters...My processor is a Core duo 3.0ghz...running it with 8800GTX and have 2 gig or ram...I run FS9 very nicely...it stays locked at about 69FPS...when I run ASA the FPS is fine its just the random cloud pop ups that cause it to stutter...i was wondering if this was all going to change with the SP1 release...I gave up on ASA for now and went back to AS6.5 its a shame it look likes a great program but i am having to many problems running it...I also forgot to add that within the last week i tried starting ASA up and the loading screen would come up and I would get an error saying ASA has to shut down...since then I couldnt run it anymore and went back to AS6.5...I tried re installing it but no luck...ill just wait for the SP1 to come out i guess..
I had some stutters and still an occassional blink, I changed some settings on my graphics card and the stutters I THINK have gone away, I am testing the new settings still. The occasional blink I still get. Not sure but I think it may have to to do w/ real time weather updating. I don't get any of this in ASv6.5. Just a thought

Hi,We are working on the cloud issue for the next SP release.What error message are you getting after you re-installed ASA?Before your reinstall you may need to manually delete 2 file folders that are left behind. One is in your ASA install path and there is a folder called ASA. The second is in Documents and Settings/User Name/Application Data/HiFi/ASAPlease uninstall again and then manually delete those 2 folders. Then try a reinstall.Please let me know about this error message.Thanks,