Sign in to follow this  
RWG

ATC "Airline Call Sign"

I have a question and need some help.I would like the Air Traffic Controllers in FS9 (2004) to address me as one of the names of a 747-400 repaint that I have installed when I am flying and they do not. The following are the setting I have set in FS9, try to follow these choices:After starting FS9 and at the "CREATE A FLIGHT" screen click "CHANGE" on the "Select Aircraft" tab and then click on the "Aircraft Manufacturer" drop down box and select "Boeing-PMDG" then click on the "Aircraft Model" drop down box and select "747-400 P&W PW4062 Engines" then click on the "Variation" drop down box and I select my repaint livery name -- now in the box named "ATC Name" click the "Change" button -- in the "Airline Call Sign" drop down box I have selected the repaint name -- in the "flight Number" field box I have put 747, and in the "Tail Number" field box I have put the repaint livery N number, also I have both box's checked for "Append Heavy to call sign" and "Show Tail Number"ATC does not call me by my choice like they should, they just say "747 Heavy" but if I go back to the "Airline Call Sign" drop down box and select say "ORBIT" as an example, then ATC call's me "ORBIT 747 Heavy" -- well, that's my question, any idea why it will not work the way I would like? Could I have somthing wrong in the Aircraft CFG File?ThanksBob

Bob.Flight Simulator's ATC will only recognize certain airlines already included in it's database. I don't think there is a way for you to get ATC to recognize your repaint airline.Pete 'Mac Paint'PMDG Graphic Designer

Download editvoicepack, it will add most of the airlines you would ever need, and you can make the ones that are not already included your self.

Does anyone know were to download editvoicepack, and how to use it to do what I would like to do?ThanksBob

Sorry, I forgot to post my name.Ron Musick