Sign in to follow this  
bdstorm

Confused as to what Voice Sets to instlall by Nick Schreger

Hopefully someone can clear this part up for me. I downloaded Version 2, Parts 1-10, which was a total of 100 zipped files. I have unzipped those 100 files. Inside the unzipped files are folders containing the various wav files, with numbers, 1, 2, 3, ...up to 98. These folders are going to replace the original/wav files folders in the RC4 Winwood folder. However, Version 2 Part 1 has a folder 1, 2, 3, etc, as does Version 2 Part 2., as does Version 2 Part 3, etc. If I place Part 1 in the winwood folder, then copy Part 2 in the winwood folder, part 2 will replace folders 1,2, 3, etc from Part 1. Do I just install the unzipped folders from Version 2 Part 1, or just Part 2, or just Part 3 etc. It seems if I copy all of them in sequential order, only Part 10's files would be in the winwood folder because each part copies over the previous part? I assume I am missing something. I did intall just the 10 unzipped files from Version 2 Part 1 of 10 and RC4 did work. Am I supposed to copy the contents of all 100 unzipped files to the winwood foldcer and let them overight each other. Thanks in advance. Sorry, but I am really confused. Did enjoy the new sound set just using Part 1.Brad Storm

Hi Brad,It appears that something may have gone wrong in your unzipping process. Each Part of version 2 contains a limited number of folders which in turn contain many files. For example, Part 1 contains folders 0 to 5, Part 2 contains folders 6 to 10, Part 3 contains folders 11 to 15, Part 4 contains folders 16 to 20, etc. So if you unzip each part to the 'Winwood' folder, then unzipping of Part 1, for example, will only replace folders numbered 0 to 5, etc.This is the process I followed and, as far as I know, all went well and RC4 seems to be working fine.Regards, Jean-Jacques

Hi Brad,It appears that something may have gone wrong in your unzipping process. Each Part of version 2 contains a limited number of folders which in turn contain many files. For example, Part 1 contains folders 0 to 5, Part 2 contains folders 6 to 10, Part 3 contains folders 11 to 15, Part 4 contains folders 16 to 20, etc. So if you unzip each part to the 'Winwood' folder, then unzipping of Part 1, for example, will only replace folders numbered 0 to 5, etc.This is the process I followed and, as far as I know, all went well and RC4 seems to be working fine.Regards, Jean-Jacques
Hi Brad,You might be making things far to complicated by unzipping things so far down the tree.If you follow the read me instructions,you ,after making a back up of the original winwood files 0-98 then just copy over the replacement files contained in parts 1-10 without doing any other unzipping.This worked for me.Are you confusing instructions for version 1 with the read me for version2?RegardsNorman Bowman

Thank you for response but sorry, I am still confused. In the AVSIM library, there are 10 parts of the Version 2 Voicepaks, each part having 10 files to download, therefore I downlaod a total of 100 zip files. If I install all 10 parts of version 2, i.e., all 100 zip files (unzipped of course), the first file in Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc contain the folders 0 to 5, therefore when I install the first file of Part 2, which contains folders 0-5, they write over the folders I just installed in the first file of Part 1. Am I only supposed to install just Part 1 of Version 2 which contains 10 zipped files, OR just Part 2 of Version 2, which constains 10 zipped files, OR just Part 3 of Version 2, which constains 10 zipped files, OR just Part 4 etc, OR just Part 5 etc. If that is the case, what are the differences between the 10 parts of Version 2. RC 4 does work when I have only installed just Part 1 or Part 2 or Part 3. However, I did ask earlier in this forum if I had to downlaod all 10 parts (100 zipped files) and was told I did, so I would assume I am somehow supposed to use files in those 100 zipped files. If I leave them zipped and put them in the winwood folder, RC4 doesen't work, which I understand. Brad
Hi Brad,You might be making things far to complicated by unzipping things so far down the tree.If you follow the read me instructions,you ,after making a back up of the original winwood files 0-98 then just copy over the replacement files contained in parts 1-10 without doing any other unzipping.This worked for me.Are you confusing instructions for version 1 with the read me for version2?RegardsNorman Bowman
Thank you for response but sorry, I am still confused. I didn't use version 1, do I didn't use/see the instructions.In the AVSIM library, there are 10 parts of the Version 2 Voicepaks, each part having 10 files to download, therefore I downlaod a total of 100 zip files. If I install all 10 parts of version 2, i.e., all 100 zip files (unzipped of course), the first file in Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, etc contain the folders 0 to 5, therefore when I install the first file of Part 2, which contains folders 0-5, they write over the folders I just installed in the first file of Part 1. Am I only supposed to install just Part 1 of Version 2 which contains 10 zipped files, OR just Part 2 of Version 2, which constains 10 zipped files, OR just Part 3 of Version 2, which constains 10 zipped files, OR just Part 4 etc, OR just Part 5 etc. If that is the case, what are the differences between the 10 parts of Version 2. RC 4 does work when I have only installed just Part 1 or Part 2 or Part 3. However, I did ask earlier in this forum if I had to downlaod all 10 parts (100 zipped files) and was told I did, so I would assume I am somehow supposed to use files in those 100 zipped files. If I leave them zipped and put them in the winwood folder, RC4 doesen't work, which I understand. Brad

Brad,there appears to be a problem with your downloads, each of the 10 parts has different folders in it, for instance mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip has folders 0 to 5 in it , mwrc4vpv2_part2.zip has 6 to 10 and so on. If your downloads only have 0 to 5 somehow you appear to be only downloading mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip somehow. I take it the file names are all different??I would suggest downloading the set again, checking each downloaded zip as you go. Once you've downloaded them its just a case of unzipping each one to the winwood folder and away you go.Hope you get this sorted and please ask again if you have any more problemsSteve

Brad,there appears to be a problem with your downloads, each of the 10 parts has different folders in it, for instance mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip has folders 0 to 5 in it , mwrc4vpv2_part2.zip has 6 to 10 and so on. If your downloads only have 0 to 5 somehow you appear to be only downloading mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip somehow. I take it the file names are all different??I would suggest downloading the set again, checking each downloaded zip as you go. Once you've downloaded them its just a case of unzipping each one to the winwood folder and away you go.Hope you get this sorted and please ask again if you have any more problemsSteve
SteveThanks, I'll look at the downloads again, but are there 100 files to download, Version 2, Part 1-10 and each part has 10 zipped files and within those 100 zip files are the "numbered" folders that go into winwood folder and in my downoads (which I will check later, I am at work right now), each #1 zip file in each of the ten parts has many of the same folders 1-5, and each #2 zip file in each of the same parts have the same numbered folders, etc. Steve, did you download Version 2, Parts 1-10, with each part having 10 zipped files, for a total of 100 zipped files? and when you unzipped those 100 files, the "numbered" folders which go in the winwood directy were all different? Brad

Brad,Yes that's right, Downloaded 10 zipped folders, named mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip to mwrc4vpv2_part010.zip. Each should contain different numbered folders which go into your winwood folder. As I said mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip has folders 0 to 5 in it , mwrc4vpv2_part2.zip has 6 to 10 right up to mwrc4vpv2_part010.zip which contains folders 94 to 98. If yours is different then there has been a problem with the download. Hope you get it sorted because it improves the experience no end. Let me know if I can help furtherSteve

Hi Brad,When I downloaded the files,mwrc4vpv2_ part 1 etc each file contains folders .Part I folders are numbered 1- 5 ,part 2 num 6-_10,Part 3 11-15,part 4 16-20,part 5 21-31and 51,part 6 51 -55,part 7 56-62,part 8 84 -88,part 9 89 -93 and part 10 94 -98.None of these folders zip down to any thing else.Did you remove the original folders before you started.My files are all working fine and I have completed several flights with the new voice sets .i hope that you can sort it out!Norman Bowman

Brad,Yes that's right, Downloaded 10 zipped folders, named mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip to mwrc4vpv2_part010.zip. Each should contain different numbered folders which go into your winwood folder. As I said mwrc4vpv2_part1.zip has folders 0 to 5 in it , mwrc4vpv2_part2.zip has 6 to 10 right up to mwrc4vpv2_part010.zip which contains folders 94 to 98. If yours is different then there has been a problem with the download. Hope you get it sorted because it improves the experience no end. Let me know if I can help furtherSteve
Steve, OK the light bulb just went on. I just went to the AVSIM library and I have now realized that I misread the download. I had a major brain malfunction, getting old I guess. I somehow misread the download and thought that there were 10 parts of version 2, and each part had 10 zip files. I have now realized that I downloaded the same 10 files, 10 times. Thank you for your help and the new voice files are really good. Brad
Hi Brad,When I downloaded the files,mwrc4vpv2_ part 1 etc each file contains folders .Part I folders are numbered 1- 5 ,part 2 num 6-_10,Part 3 11-15,part 4 16-20,part 5 21-31and 51,part 6 51 -55,part 7 56-62,part 8 84 -88,part 9 89 -93 and part 10 94 -98.None of these folders zip down to any thing else.Did you remove the original folders before you started.My files are all working fine and I have completed several flights with the new voice sets .i hope that you can sort it out!Norman Bowman
Norman, got it sorted out. I had a major brain malfunction. I just went to the AVSIM library and I have now realized that I misread the download. I had a major brain malfunction, getting old I guess. I somehow misread the download and thought that there were 10 parts of version 2, and each part had 10 zip files. I have now realized that I downloaded the same 10 files, 10 times. Thank you for your help and the new voice files are really good. Brad