Sign in to follow this  
Guest 03SVTCobra

FS9 crashing upon start up.

Guest 03SVTCobra

FS9 keeps telling me upon start up it has run out of available memory to run FS9. I have tried running disk clean up, and restarting my computer. Any other ideas guys? I have well over 120 gigs of free space left on my HD so there is no way I'm out of room to run the game. I have heard fixing the page or paging file may help? I found a tutorial for fixing it on XP but I'm not quite sure where to start on Vista.

Guest belga1

Hello,Methink it's not a memory problem (at least when just starting FS2004)It's seem's to me a generic error message who indicate certainly some corrupted file in your FS2004 installation and this corruption cause a "memory leak"I readed manytimes the same about some BGL .. etc .. files.Lucky .. I never experienced this myself in 10 years in the "hobby" :)Regards.bye.gif

How much RAM have you got? I run XP with 2GB and have no problems, but you may well need double this with Vista as the OS itself occupies a lot of RAM.Can't help with the paging file location - I know where it is in XP but not Vista, someone else will need to help out with that. :(

Guest 03SVTCobra
How much RAM have you got? I run XP with 2GB and have no problems, but you may well need double this with Vista as the OS itself occupies a lot of RAM.Can't help with the paging file location - I know where it is in XP but not Vista, someone else will need to help out with that. :(
I believe there are 4 gigs of ram on this computer. It played fine for almost a year without any problems so I don't understand why all of the sudden...I may just go for a full re-install if I have to...although I'm not looking forward to re-installing all my add-ons.