Sign in to follow this  
spartan300

DC-3 VC textures problem

I have fs9 and love the MAAM DC3. My only problem is that when I am flying in VC mode and making a turn I notice the hooks that hold the compass in place start disappearing and the reappearing, also while this is happening during my bank angle turns the autofeather knobs side covers and start switch lever on the overhead are also flickering and then stabilizing in straight flight. I always fly the Passanger model of the MAAM DC-3. I also have anticyclone camera and also disabled the internal view to see if this was the problem, and it was not. I did change the TEXTURE_MULT_BANDWIDTH= from 40 to 100 in my FS CFG file. I also have Norm Hancocks panels and they react the same way in VC, when I decide to use them. Please help.

I have fs9 and love the MAAM DC3. My only problem is that when I am flying in VC mode and making a turn I notice the hooks that hold the compass in place start disappearing and the reappearing, also while this is happening during my bank angle turns the autofeather knobs side covers and start switch lever on the overhead are also flickering and then stabilizing in straight flight. I always fly the Passanger model of the MAAM DC-3. I also have anticyclone camera and also disabled the internal view to see if this was the problem, and it was not. I did change the TEXTURE_MULT_BANDWIDTH= from 40 to 100 in my FS CFG file. I also have Norm Hancocks panels and they react the same way in VC, when I decide to use them. Please help.
Sorry. I've never heard of this sort of behavior before and have no idea what may be causing it.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi,This sort of effect tends to suggest a graphics problem. Are you flying in Windowed Mode or Fullscreen Mode in FS2004, what resolution are you using, and what graphics card / drivers combination are you using ?Cheers,Alastair

Thank you for your response. I am using lcd gateway monitor at 75 Hz and nvidia 7300 LE graphics card the video card is 256 and running a core 2 duo intel processor, 2048MB memory. I always sim in full screen mode and I have recently downloaded the latest driver from nvidia, I wonder if that is the problem? The flickering tends to be only on the "animated" parts the grey hooks and overhead on/off switch lever in vc and occurs intermittently.

Hi, AlastairMy resolution on my display is 1440x900. I normally fly with user defined weather set at 30 miles visibility w/cirrus clouds. When I was experimenting to find the cause, I decided to remove the cirrus clouds and the problem did not occur, when I reintroduced the cirrus clouds the flickering started immediately. What is going on, I still don't understand?

Hi,Understand that, generally, the very latest graphics drivers are tailored for the latest card, and aren't necessarily the best for earlier cards.You don't say exactly which drivers set you use, but I'd suggest downloading and installing a slightly earlier set and see if the problem disappears.Are the cirrus clouds the FS2004 default, or are you using replacement ones from Flight Environment or Active Sky ?Alastair

I have version 182.08 which is the latest update for my nvidia 7300LE. I reinstalled my MAAM DC-3, I do not use any third party sky add ons. The "flickering" effect now only happens when there is a clear sky with no clouds present. I observed that it never happens when there are a few clouds.I agree with you Alastair, that it probably is the new updates. As long as it is not a clear sky it seem to work properly. This is strange though. I tried to revert back to my original drivers that the card had, but it is not in my system any longer, since I have done the updates these past few months.I would love to roll it back, but it only rolls back to the other update I did several months ago.