Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Converting MDL into Macro

Just say.......For example I want to take a Posky or IFDG aircraft and convert it into a MACRO to use it for static scenery in a project I am working on, is there a program that I can use????Regards

That is kinda pointless as it would kill your framerates!!! If you still want to go this route, these are your best options, you can learn GMAX or FSDSv2 and build aircraft specifically for this or you can (easiest soulution) use AFCAD and TTools and just have a flightplan that allows for this aircraft to be where you want it and at a certain time. you will get about the same hit on your FPS wether static or AI. There is a tool called FSRegen that lets you take GMAX files and turn them into macros, but you would need the source files.If you just want some statics, use M98toBGL to convert older FS98/ 200 aircraft into macros, works great, but the quality isn't close to POSKY! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpg

Best, Michael

KDFW

I use AI "static aircraft". To keep frame rates reasonable I eliminate most of the flight plans that do not apply to the airport of interest. Capholland's GAMAKER is an excellent tool for developing localized flight plans for General Aviation AI flight plans from scratch. Or, as I said, you can trim away non essential items from flightplan.txt and comple it back to a BGL savin g the original, of course.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I use AI "static aircraft". To keep frame rates reasonable I eliminate most of the flight plans that do not apply to the airport of interest. Capholland's GAMAKER is an excellent tool for developing localized flight plans for General Aviation AI flight plans from scratch. Or, as I said, you can trim away non essential items from flightplan.txt and comple it back to a BGL savin g the original, of course.Dick

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA