Sign in to follow this  
Guest santiagoluib3

A Question to RW GA pilots - Turbulence

Night flying on a good day is generally very smooth! yup..just like in the sim. you may not feel any motion.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Aviator4life

I won't get overly "windy" with this post (pun intended). Have a lot of PIC time in C172's, C152's, and various other low wing GA aircraft as well (been a renter off and on for years, and when I wasn't renting, was flying my brother-in-law's Skyhawk 172XP II which I subsidised for the privelige of flying it when I wanted. ). When conditions are right and you get up early enough in the morning, it can be like hanging from a cable.Most of the time, it really is pretty smooth, and very often, it's not impossible to get in good enough trim to maintain an altitude, for 15 - 20 minutes, within +/- 50', sometimes for FAR (no pun intended) longer. Most often, only a thumb and index finger on the yoke are required, with little to no rudder input at all while maintaining straight and level flight. But you've gotta use the trim wheels, they are your best friends, next to a well functioning autopilot. :( Best Regards. :(