Sign in to follow this  
MikeAdamo

Instructor Station Frustrations!!

Hi All,I've searched high and low for answers this problem I'm having and now I come to you all as my last resort :-)When using the Instructor Station application I can join as a student but when ever I try and host (be the instructor) the student connects for a brief second then my session ends and then I get that XP error window apologizing for shutting down. The error log report mentions something about my system not being able to display messages from a remote system!? I'm able to chat freely when I'm working as the student so I can't understand what the problem can be related to.Has anyone run into a similar problem and found a way to fix it? I'll be damned if I'm going to re-install FS2K2!!Thanks a ton!!!!!Mike

Guest moomox

Hi Mike,Have you tried stuff like turning off anti-virus software, and maybe firewall software if you have any? It seems very odd that you can get fs2002 to work and then get a crash when hosting an instructor session... it will probabley end up being something simple(just like every other microsoft product):-)I have a private flight sim server if you want to try to join up and try to fix the issue i'd be more than happy to help.Let us know what happens.

Hi David,I have no A.V software running and no firewall running while in either instructor or student mode. My old system is still hooked up and is able to run both the instructor and student mode no problem. Running WinXP I checked a few services and both my new system and old system are configured the same so it's not that. All my network settings are the same and I have the same flight sim add-ons on both systems. This one has thrown me through a loop :-)Here's the error message right from the Event log:The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs2002.exe, 8.0.0.10919, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 47203230.Dunno!?!?Thanks for the reply.Mike