Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Which version of FS9 have I got?

This may well sound like a stupid question, but I need to check whether I have already updated FS9 to FS9.1. I have the update file fs91upd.exe on my external hard disk but cannot remember whether I have run it. If I check the properties of my fs9.exe file it gives the file version as 9.1.0.40901, but if I look further down at Other version information and click on File Version it shows 9.01.040901.01. So based on this, have I got FS9.1 or just FS9? Obviously if I haven't got version 9.1 I will need to run the update.

In the sim, click help/about from the menu, and it will tell you which version you're running. :(

In the sim, click help/about from the menu, and it will tell you which version you're running. :(
Yes, that occurred to me too just after I had posted. Duh!! I've got version 9.1. Please ignore me - I will now go away and hide in a corner for a while.... :(

Guest belga1

Hell,If you have a subfolder "backup" if your FS2004 folder .. you are sure your run 9.1 as this backup subfolder is created during the installation process of the patch 9.1 Regards.bye.gif

Hell,If you have a subfolder "backup" if your FS2004 folder .. you are sure your run 9.1 as this backup subfolder is created during the installation process of the patch 9.1 Regards.bye.gif
Interesting that you mention this, because I noticed earlier that I don't have a backup subfolder. I read up on the 9.1 patch this morning and found a web site which listed what files are changed when you run the update. The strange thing is that FS tells me I've got version 9.1, I have all of the files that I'm supposed to have for version 9.1 (for example all of the bridges that were missing from version 9), and yet I don't have the backup subfolder. But I'm not that bothered as I don't intend going back to version 9.

My 2 cents worth.My copy of FS9, which was purchased after the release of FSX, came with the patch pre-installed.I have version 9.1 without the backup subfolder.Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I have a problem with the FS9.1 update, the installation hangs when it gets to "Processing modules\ABLSCPT.DLL"I have enjoyed Dream Team & Cloud 9 Airport sceneries for a long time.I have never installed this update but somehow they worked.I went to KJFK after a long absence and noticed the ADDON MANAGER for these sceneries was missing in FS9.I cannot install a new ADDON MANAGER because the fs9.1 update is not installed.Is there anyone out there who can help.This problem is also posted on the Dream Team forum.The fs9 and the modules ABLSCPT file have the original date when I checked them in the FS Sim map.