Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullstoplanding

Curtss Jenny

Guest fullstoplanding

Was the Curtiss Jenny ever used to fly airmail in the early days of aviation?--Roger

Yes it was, along with other aircraft such as the DH4 and Thomas Morse scouts etc. Charles Lindbergh was among the famous pilots who did that sort of thing.There is in fact a very famous US postage stamp with the Curtiss Jenny on it which is highly sought after by philatelists, because it has the Jenny depicted upside down on it by mistake. This is known as the 'Inverted Jenny' by stamp collectors, who will bore the &@($* off you about it if you get cornered by one of them!There is a pic of a US Air Mail Jenny on this page:http://www.charleslindbergh.com/airmail/Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest fullstoplanding

Al,Thank you so much for answering my query. I love flying the Jenny ever now and then in FS9. I wanted to do a screen shot of a Jenny flying the mail, but I needed to be sure that they indeed were used this way. Also, thanks for the very interesting link.Roger