Sign in to follow this  
Guest launchee

strange tiles during flight with TP

Guest launchee

Hello.I have some problems with TileProxy. I installed the latest Release Beta v8 and made everything as described here http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/In proxy.ini (the one from here: http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/ProxyUser_090306.zip ) I just changed something so that it fits to German system: cache_folder=C:\Programme\Microsoft Games\cache.service3I have MS FSX Pro with SP1, but no AccelerationPack nor SP2XP SP3, 1GB RAM, nVidia 7900 GTX (512MB)Internet Connection 1MB up / 16MB downI've seen that the TileProxy is downloading tiles correctly and storing them in cache.service3 (Yahoo Maps). I tried to start from Salzburg/Austria, but what I see is quite strange (--> see attached screenshot). E.g. sometimes on one single tile during flight there's just a huge worldmap etcWhat did I make wrong? Or is it because I don't have Acceleration+SP2 installed? Thanks for your help.Regards

I see that if I stop and restart TileProxy while FSX is running, but it usually fixes itself after a few minutes ..

I had the same problem and was only running SP1.When I installed Acceleration it fixed the problem completely.If you don't have Acceleration at least install SP2 as it is free.Acceleration has SP2 built in.Let us know if this solves your problem.Ed

Guest neutronium76

Hi. I also have the same problem but more severe i.e. I also see water in land area and in general it doesn't work for me. What am I doing wrong????I have installed tileproxy b8. My system is as follows:Intel Core2Extreme QX9770@3.2GHz4GB DDR2@1066MHzWindowsXPSP3ATI Radeon HD4870x2 (2 GPUs with 1GB Vram each)DirectX November2008ATI Catalyst 9.3 (latest)FSX with SP1 and Acceleration (includes SP2)UTX for USA,Canada and Europe (Disabled)GEX, Real Environment extreme, ActiveSkyXFSGlobal2008wSP1Additional Meshes from Simviation,FlightSim.com for parts of NorthAmerica, South America, Carribean, Central America, Europe, Oceania & NewZealand and Asia.MyTrafficX ver 5.22MBps DSL internet connectionI have followed all installation instructions but I get no satisfactory results.I have tried both USA and Europe areas with same results :(Any help would be greatly appreciated fsxwierdtextures1.jpgwierdtexture2.jpg

Guest cbuchner1

"Individual Tile Accesses 0"hmm. The tileproxy driver is not working for you - it is not picking up any requests for tiles by the Flight Sim. So Flight Sim loads random garbage as it doesn't find any tiles to load.Are FSX and Tileproxy both installed in their default locations?Christian

Guest neutronium76
"Individual Tile Accesses 0"hmm. The tileproxy driver is not working for you - it is not picking up any requests for tiles by the Flight Sim. So Flight Sim loads random garbage as it doesn't find any tiles to load.Are FSX and Tileproxy both installed in their default locations?Christian
Yes. I have used the default set-up options. FSX is installed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Tileproxy (was) installed in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\TileProxy and the two other folders "TileProxy Photoreal World" "Cache" in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\. I have uninstalled it since I couldn't find any solution but if you can help I will obviously install it again and try your suggestions.Thanks.

Where did you put the proxyuser.ini file?First time I tried it I put it in the wrong place.IAN

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Guest neutronium76
Where did you put the proxyuser.ini file?First time I tried it I put it in the wrong place.IAN
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\TileProxy