Sign in to follow this  
Guest Don Stone

How to correct a problem with aircraft nav lights

Guest Don Stone

After downloading and installing several airport scenery items I now find that when I turn on the navigation lights and beacons in aircraft I get several squares of different shades of red, green and white around the that actual light. Despite restoring back to earlier dates I cannot get rid of this problem. Accordingly, I would be appreciative of some advice on how to recover or remove this problem. Thanks in advance :(

Guest Autolite

I had the same problem after downloading and installing a few aircraft. I suspected that I had overwritten certain files so I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the whole FSX program and that's what worked for me...

Guest Don Stone
I had the same problem after downloading and installing a few aircraft. I suspected that I had overwritten certain files so I did a complete uninstall/reinstall of the whole FSX program and that's what worked for me...

Guest Don Stone

Thankyou for your comments......oh boy... with all the add ons etc I've got installed I'd hate to have to go through all that again - I'll just have to fly without any navigation lights I guess as everything else appears to be operating OK. As for maybe deleting or overwriting files....it appeared after I had installed a number of Australian airports which were all to do with scenery files (I think...!)so I'm a bit mystified. However, your response is appreciated and I may have "to bite the bullet" and start over again. Regards Don S

Guest Autolite
Thankyou for your comments......oh boy... with all the add ons etc I've got installed I'd hate to have to go through all that again - I'll just have to fly without any navigation lights I guess as everything else appears to be operating OK. As for maybe deleting or overwriting files....it appeared after I had installed a number of Australian airports which were all to do with scenery files (I think...!)so I'm a bit mystified. However, your response is appreciated and I may have "to bite the bullet" and start over again. Regards Don S
I don't understand how it works but I didn't lose anything. I have FSX w/SP1 on Windows XP Home. I had messed up my 'Effects' files and did a complete FSX uninstall/reinstall expecting to lose all the add-ons but it didn't happen. Actually, I've done it twice now and all I had to do was to reset my 'Control Settings' to my own preferences. All the add-ons where still there when FSX rebooted.Perhaps you could ask around a bit more and someone might be able to explain why or how this seems to work. Just remember that this was my experience. What ever you do will be at your own risk. Best of luck...

Guest Autolite

Or perhaps use the original FSX installation disk and select 'repair' rather than 'uninstall'. IIRC, that was the original action that I had attempted but it didn't solve the problem. That's when I finally decided to "bite-the-bullet"...

Guest Don Stone
Or perhaps use the original FSX installation disk and select 'repair' rather than 'uninstall'. IIRC, that was the original action that I had attempted but it didn't solve the problem. That's when I finally decided to "bite-the-bullet"...

Guest Don Stone

Gday, Did as you suggested, ie ran Repair with the original discs, and all seems to have recovered - well certainly the nav lights are working OK again. Many thanks for help and all the best with your flight simming in the future. Regards Don S :(