Sign in to follow this  
Guest Winston

Weather.dll is crashing my FS9!

Hey Mark, Thanks for your encouragement! I do run AS 6.5.One of the reasons I wanted to do a reinstall was because I'm now seeing a phenomenon where some of the buildings are appearing as white featureless silhouettes.I don't know why or how all this is related, but I thought I'd fix everything with a completely new install.
http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=240702

Guest Winston

el_kab0ng,This is getting weirder by the minute. The products from PMDG I tried to reinstall were the Beech 1900C and D, and all of the 737 NG's (all ligitimately owned). You mean I have to go through all of this because of something in their files??!! This is insane! I tried the fix and thank God it worked. Now I'm scared to try and reinstall products I own legitimately. That's wrong!

Winston,I own ALL PMDG products and have absolutely never had any problems with anything of this. I can bet my right hand that all these problems on the forums come from people who try to install pirated products. A punishment well deserved.You only have to fear if you tried to install not legally owned PMDG products, as they are well protected.And btw. the products you mentioned are earlier products, I think they hardly have some protection as installers don't ask for serial or anything.

el_kab0ng,This is getting weirder by the minute. The products from PMDG I tried to reinstall were the Beech 1900C and D, and all of the 737 NG's (all ligitimately owned). You mean I have to go through all of this because of something in their files??!! This is insane! I tried the fix and thank God it worked. Now I'm scared to try and reinstall products I own legitimately. That's wrong!
Glad I could help.

Glad I could help.
Why don't you guys with intall problems post on the PMDG forum and ask for advice or explanation?If your copy's legit then I'm certain they'll fix/help ASAP.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Hope you were able to copy down my fix for future problems. It looks like the fanatics won out and had my post deleted from the forums.

Hope you were able to copy down my fix for future problems. It looks like the fanatics won out and had my post deleted from the forums.
You persistently provoke the "fanatics" on these forums and bringing this stuff upon you. If I were you, I would stop writing about this, as it will only bring you bad things.If FS9 broke because you used pirated stuff, it is >>>your own problem<<<, remember that. I am sure that unfortunately many users use illegal copies, but if something is wrong, they don't ask for support - because they didn't pay for it!While I understand your pain on broken FS9 installation, I also know there are ways to backup whole FS installation, which I'm doing with Symantec Ghost. Usually through tweaking, textures, trying out new things I sometimes f*ck up something, and I can always restore complete FS9 drive. I backup usually every 1-2 weeks. Just a suggestion.

Guest Winston

Here is my last word on this. I own every PMDG release except for the 747 and MD11. I never bought those two for personal reasons, so I DON'T HAVE THEM. My problem started when, after some considerable time of disuse, I decided to reinstall my PMDG legitimate products. One failed to install properly and I contacted PMDG with a support request and PROOF OF PURCHASE. They graciously replied with a suggestion which I proceeded to follow. THAT IS WHEN my FS9 began to act up. So let me make this very clear here, as you can see from the above - THIS HAD NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH THE PMDG MD11 OR 747.Now, my FS9 has crashed many, many a time before, and for various and sundry reasons, and I have been through the painful process, believe me! So it was nothing new when I saw this one coming again. I merely came to this forum to see if anyone had any ideas, and BINGO, I inadvertently and surprisingly unleash this maelstrom of sh*t.I've been around flight simming for a long time (since Bruce Artwick) and I've been through these forums. I eschew them now for this very reason. There are many good and helpful people on the forums and I'm not knocking them.However, it has been my experience that they (the forums) are usually places of controversy and contention, and some individuals are prone to get up on soap boxes, make assumptions, jump to conclusions, and take sides, and generally cause wars to be fought. All of which serves only to light my short fuse (growing shorter by the day as current events unfold) and the only reason this reply is not full of expletives and generally foul expressions is out of respect for the good people, and also because while I'm here seething and bubbling like a cauldron, and unable to do anything about it, medical people are telling me to calm down otherwise I'M THE ONE THAT WILL PERISH, not the ones WHO LIGHT MY FIRE!!!! Makes sense, so I comply.PS.: I'm grateful that someone tried to help me rescue my FS9, but like hundreds of times before, I'M GOING TO REINSTALL THE DAMN THING ANYWAY AS I ORIGINALLY INTENDED!!!!!There, that's my damn soap box speech.

Guest lgvpilot1

Ask for help and be accused of piracy !! Is that the way it is now Winston good luck with your re install , and if you do ever find out what the problem was be sure to keep it to yourself less you be accused of helping to pirate software !!Mark

I only wonder why such behaviour is only reported through new users and none of old timers... Besides, I reinstalled, recycled, deleted, and again reinstalled PMDG products many many many times. Never heard or saw anything similar.

Ask for help and be accused of piracy !! Is that the way it is now Winston good luck with your re install , and if you do ever find out what the problem was be sure to keep it to yourself less you be accused of helping to pirate software !!Mark
Mark, not at all. And yet, I wonder why to post a help about PMDG product on non-pmdg forum, and additionally something so suspicious... Of course it's going to bring couple of eyebrows up, don't you think?

Guest lgvpilot1
I only wonder why such behaviour is only reported through new users and none of old timers... Besides, I reinstalled, recycled, deleted, and again reinstalled PMDG products many many many times. Never heard or saw anything similar.Mark, not at all. And yet, I wonder why to post a help about PMDG product on non-pmdg forum, and additionally something so suspicious... Of course it's going to bring couple of eyebrows up, don't you think?
Far be it for me to explain why he would post here but if it was me , then after seeking PMDG help , and that did not work I might just presume it is a general FS9 problem , To gain such help you give as much information as possible including and up to the last thing you did Had the reinstall been with a Posky aircraft would we be having this conversation ?have you ever known PMDG aircraft to crash the sim with a weather DLL?None of this matters now , Winston asked for help and look what he got The whole thing stinks as far as I am concerned , but that is just my opinionand I will leave it at that Mark

Guest Winston

Word Not Allowed, Follow my postings and you will discover that I had no idea that this was PMDG related. That's why I came here - I thought it was FS related because the message kept saying that weather.dll was having a problem. How would I know that a weather.dll error message had anything to do with PMDG? Like so many times before, I just thought I had done something to screw up my FS again. That is until I started this crap of course! Let me tell you something, I invite you, the Thought Police, 1984, BIG BROTHER, et al to come see what I have on my PC instead of sitting there making it up. How the hell dare you insinuate stuff you can't substantiate and continue to impugn people's character and motives - just because this is the internet?This is a travesty and a f*cking outrage!

Nothing else I could say would matter. For me this topic is closed. Hope you find some viable solution.