Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

MD-11 (FS2004): Automatic TOCG calculation?

The FMS manual says: "The TOCG is accurately computed by the fuel quantity gauging system (FQGS) provided an accurate ZFWCG and TOGW are entered by the pilot."When I don't enter TOCG, it won't get computed neither with engines off nor with engines running, see attached screenshot (picture shows situation with engines off but is very similar with all engines running, the boxes are present then as well). I tried with both TOGW entered by myself (big font, as in the screenshot) and TOGW calculated, no difference.What do I miss here?Andreas

The FMS manual says: "The TOCG is accurately computed by the fuel quantity gauging system (FQGS) provided an accurate ZFWCG and TOGW are entered by the pilot."When I don't enter TOCG, it won't get computed neither with engines off nor with engines running, see attached screenshot (picture shows situation with engines off but is very similar with all engines running, the boxes are present then as well). I tried with both TOGW entered by myself (big font, as in the screenshot) and TOGW calculated, no difference.What do I miss here?Andreas
Take a look on the System Display(ENG).You will find the Computed Value there.It takes a few seconds for Computing. Ralf

Intel I7-6700K@4.2GHz,ASUS GTX 1080 Strix,Samsung 4K TV  

Ralf Zimmermann

Right click the LSK relative to the TOCG. This will put the actual TOCG into the scartchpad, then left clik the LSK again and it will be written in the fieldStefano

Andreas,as Ralf said you have to get the value from the SD ENG page. Calculation takes about 20 to 30 seconds as per the real aircraft (once GW and ZFWCG values are in there). You will then have to enter that value into the FMC manually. The method mentioned by Stefano is the unrealistic convenient work-around.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard