I am sick of OOM errors under Vista32. So I decided to switch to Windows 7 64bit, but the only GTX280 driver for this OS is a beta. Anybody tested it? Stable? Quick?

Looks like you don't have much choice.BTW, did you try the 3gb switch.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I am sick of OOM errors under Vista32. So I decided to switch to Windows 7 64bit, but the only GTX280 driver for this OS is a beta. Anybody tested it? Stable? Quick?
A VC driver will NOT fix your OOM problem. The only fix for sure is a 64 bit os, You can try the USERVA 3GB switch but that didnt work for me. I went to 64 bit OS and havent looked back.

Jim Wenham

The 3GB switch is unnecessary in Vista 32 (x86).
Hmmmm...it solved my OOM errors. I had OOMs even when I moved to 4gb(I know vista32 doesn't use all 4). But not since using the switch. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hmmmm...it solved my OOM errors. I had OOMs even when I moved to 4gb(I know vista32 doesn't use all 4). But not since using the switch. Bob
This MSDN document discusses the syntax for enabling > 2GB user-mode RAM amongst various versions of Windows. It has changed quite a bit for Vista (no more boot.ini, for starters - have to use bcdedit). The option is still present (albeit in a different form) so I have to assume that it does still have a function, and you are correct.

Looks like you don't have much choice.BTW, did you try the 3gb switch.
I can still use drivers made for Vista x64 :)I try the BCDedit with value from 3072 to 2172 - but usually this does nothing, or very littleI think x64 OS is a must for us simmers, especially when You have a lot of add-ons with demanding graphics and 1GB Video card

The 3GB switch is unnecessary in Vista 32 (x86).
This is incorrect. Suggest you read up on what this switch does. It changes virtual address space allocation which can help FSX in both WinXP32as well as Vista32.

Bert

This is incorrect. Suggest you read up on what this switch does. It changes virtual address space allocation which can help FSX in both WinXP32as well as Vista32.
Bert is correct: neccesary in Vista 32, not neccesary in Vista or XP 64

Regards, Kendall

Read my latest post, fellas.
OK, saw your corrected post. :(

Bert