Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

Trim Tab

I am currently using a CH Pro Yoke and using one of the rocker switches for trim. However, this produces too mcuh trim with each tap of the switch. I am wondering if someone has a better idea for accuately timming the planes in FS2002 Pro?Thanks and best regardsRaymond

>I temporarily disable Caps Lock and use the 1 and 7 keys.>>This is something thing I think On Top got right - you hold a>"trim button", release yoke pressure, and you're trimmed...>(of course you can still trim in small increments)>I actually CAN feel trim pressure with my joystick. I use a hat switch for simulated electric trim & can tell the exact instant to release it. With my hat switch on the Saitek X45, it's not even too sensitive at default settings. I use constant pressure & don't have to tap. Is simulated trim in FS2002 perfect? No....... some planes are easier to trim than others, but it always seems not quite enough or too much. You can also fine tune the throttle to get somewhere in between those two points. Of course, real airplanes don't keep altitude for long either, with hands off. Unless you use the A/P.L.Adamson

Now if only somebody would release a force-feedback yoke...I didn't think the X45 was force-feedback. Is it?If so, have you tried keyboard trim with the stick?cheers,Andrew >>I temporarily disable Caps Lock and use the 1 and 7 keys.>>>>This is something thing I think On Top got right - you hold>a>>"trim button", release yoke pressure, and you're trimmed...>>(of course you can still trim in small increments)>>>I actually CAN feel trim pressure with my joystick. I use a>hat switch for simulated electric trim & can tell the exact>instant to release it. With my hat switch on the Saitek X45,>it's not even too sensitive at default settings. I use>constant pressure & don't have to tap. Is simulated trim in>FS2002 perfect? No....... some planes are easier to trim than>others, but it always seems not quite enough or too much. You>can also fine tune the throttle to get somewhere in between>those two points. Of course, real airplanes don't keep>altitude for long either, with hands off. Unless you use the>A/P.>>L.Adamson

>Now if only somebody would release a force-feedback yoke...>>I didn't think the X45 was force-feedback. Is it?>>If so, have you tried keyboard trim with the stick?>The X-45 is not a force feedback. The "feel" is one of those things developed from trimming real planes, and has easily transferred in my mind to the simulation. As to stick mounted trims, I'm very use to Pipers with electric trim on the yoke, and I've also installed electric trim buttons on my own planes joystick. Not flying yet, but trim works.. :) It's just my preference & I continually trim, so it's also quite convenient.L.Adamson

Well, I've trimmed real planes... actually, just a 172.. but anyway, it's nothing like trimming with non-force-feedback yoke to me, because it's entirely visual - That's one reason I mentioned On Top's method where you push a trim button and release pressure on the yoke - I feel it more closely resembles the real-world sensation of pressure easing when you get close to trimmed.I wonder how it would be with a force-feedback joystick?Andrew>>Now if only somebody would release a force-feedback yoke...>>>>I didn't think the X45 was force-feedback. Is it?>>>>If so, have you tried keyboard trim with the stick?>>>>The X-45 is not a force feedback. The "feel" is one of those>things developed from trimming real planes, and has easily>transferred in my mind to the simulation. As to stick mounted>trims, I'm very use to Pipers with electric trim on the yoke,>and I've also installed electric trim buttons on my own planes>joystick. Not flying yet, but trim works.. :) It's just my>preference & I continually trim, so it's also quite>convenient.>>L.Adamson

>That's one reason I mentioned On Top's method where you push a>trim button and release pressure on the yoke - I feel it more>closely resembles the real-world sensation of pressure easing>when you get close to trimmed.>I used On-Top about 9 or 10 years ago. Havn't updated.......But regardless, I get the feel of trim & easing of pressure on my non-feedback joystick. It's just a mental mind game.. :)I've always wondered if feedback would seem fake in some situations.L.Adamson

Where do you have the Repeat slider set to? I am using the CH Yoke also and find I can tap the rocker to effect single click adjustments, so it works ok. I have the slider on the farthest left position, or no repeat mode.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Hugo

Hi Raymond. The rocker button actualy is 2 switches you can reassign the action of by going into Option/Contols/Assignments and check the Joystick Elevator trim (down/up) Repeat column. They must be set to full presently. Move each to mid positon and save. The trim action should be less drastic.Hope it helps, Hugo