Sign in to follow this  
panosbilios

PMDG MD 11 IS AWESOME!

HELLO ALLI am new to the MD11 simulation for FS9, after some reading and testing I completed a coupleof FDX flights from KMEM to KWER and I must say that all worked flowlesly in my low end system.Very good frame rates, perfect profile capture all the way down smooth ils capture I am impessed!! Keep up the good work guys :( Panos

She is awesome isn't she? I've seen her easily negotiate the most difficult arrivals such as ZIGGY at KONT arriving on-spot for the ILS. The developers are just getting their stride, and I expect the 737NGX is going to melt our faces.

Dan Downs KCRP

I can only agree... the more I use it, the more I am beginning to understand how much more advanced PMDG is... I love it, growing from flight to flight...Andrew

I can only agree... the more I use it, the more I am beginning to understand how much more advanced PMDG is... I love it, growing from flight to flight...Andrew
Me too. Personally I consider the price to be low compared to the amount of entertainment I'm getting from this aircraft. Worth every single cent of the price :(

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

The PMDG MD-11 is awesome. I have been flying it since the day it was released and not even now, 5 months later, I still can't get enough of it. Everything is a masterpiece. Together with the printed manuals, it makes for the best flightsim experience. Can't thank you enough, PMDG... :(

Marius Petrascu

The older I get, the clearer my choice of planes that I purchase. I don't longer have the nerves to let a badly designed add-on ruin my sim experience of a great flight just because of nasty bugs or incompletely implemented simulated systems. When I do my hobby, I like to enjoy it to the fullest, I'm not one of those many who are happy with a great looking external model of a plane only where the cockpit is the default Cessna's. This demands for the highest quality available which only a handful of developers are able to deliver, among them is PMDG at pole position.I had a very bad flight with FeelThere's E-Jet last weekend and I regret every single minute with that crap. The level of simulation that PMDG brings us is far beyond comparison with such add-ons, and I'm glad to own all of PMDG's wonderful creations.I'm pretty sure that despite the MD-11 currently is my favorite, the NGX will become the plane of choice for me since it's smaller and more versatile and thus better suited for my requirements (I'm having a hard time letting the MD-11 doing short flights and find the appropriate airports with runways long enough).And I still have that dream of a PMDG A-320...Andreas

I'm actually a little disappointed. I bought it the day it came out and only had a few days to play with her before I had to head back to school where I don't have a flight sim computer!!! :( All joking aside, what little I did get to play with it was great, and I'm looking forward to heading back home for Easter so I can play around with it even more. Then only a few more weeks until summer and then I can REALLY start playing with it, when I'm not working, that is. :(

Guest realatp
The older I get, the clearer my choice of planes that I purchase. I don't longer have the nerves to let a badly designed add-on ruin my sim experience of a great flight just because of nasty bugs or incompletely implemented simulated systems. When I do my hobby, I like to enjoy it to the fullest, I'm not one of those many who are happy with a great looking external model of a plane only where the cockpit is the default Cessna's. This demands for the highest quality available which only a handful of developers are able to deliver, among them is PMDG at pole position.I had a very bad flight with FeelThere's E-Jet last weekend and I regret every single minute with that crap. The level of simulation that PMDG brings us is far beyond comparison with such add-ons, and I'm glad to own all of PMDG's wonderful creations.I'm pretty sure that despite the MD-11 currently is my favorite, the NGX will become the plane of choice for me since it's smaller and more versatile and thus better suited for my requirements (I'm having a hard time letting the MD-11 doing short flights and find the appropriate airports with runways long enough).And I still have that dream of a PMDG A-320...Andreas
AHAHA ya bought the Ejets as well, sucks &@($*, should have learned my lessons from the Airbus series.

Guest harlequin

I think I've been spoiled. The MD-11 was the first addon aircraft I got for FSX. Nothing can possibly compare to it. It worked perfectly 'straight out of the box'. I've also got the Captain Sim C130X, I have no end of problems with it, having to cycle thru the veiws beforew using it, Auto pilot and radios non functioning after about 12 minutes of flight. If the new PMDG 737NG is going to be anything like the MD-11 in features, performance and graphics , I'll be buying it soon after its released.Thanks for a great productTrev

Couldn't agree more!!!!! It's all about the quality for me as well,When I choose to fly PMDG aircraft I spend all my time enjoying my sim experience instead of getting fustrated trying to work out bugs and get features to work,you can't put a price tag on that!

Guest swanrunner

Yes, I agree with all of you. One of my favorite areas to fly is SE Alaska. The scenery is breathtaking and when the Wx is down the IFR aprroaches are challenging. 737's are the airline workhorse in this part of the country(PMDG 737 NG can't wait) to connect it with the hubs. I am really impressed with the MD11 operating in and out of this region with runways as short as 6000ft. Just make sure you keep her lightly loaded, not to mention the taxiway lights crushed and adjacent grass areas I have torn up with the gear trying to turn this jumbo. LOL