Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

pmdg 747 and the cirrus II console

Hi everyoneI recently managed to buy the cirrus II console with the avionics console.It works with the stock fsx planes but I can not assign any of the button for pmdg-has any one managed to overcome this.Any help will be welcomed.Qas

anything please!
Not being familar with this hardware, I cant help specifically, does it come with its own software for configuring the controlls? If so does it do this by keypresses or to fspuic offsets or some other means such as defualt sim controlls?Basically all PMDG software is pretty naff when it comes to using it with harware other than a mouse, they may design amazingly detailed systems and cockpits, but that about where the realsim ends with PMDG a/c the interface for them remains with being a bit "Gamey"However, solutions you can try, is buy a registered version of FSPUIC the using the functions in that you can define control button presses to Keys, then in the PMDG 747 keyboard commands menu you can assign functions to various key combinations, so CTRL + G can be gear up etc... Just be careful with what you assign(Most already are set in PMDG so best to leave ones that are) As they can then conflict with the Default FSX key commands, if they do you have to delete one of them.This is the procedure I use to configure my Saitek yoke and throttle for the level D sim, all the other hardware interfaces direct with the SDK they produced with their sim, something PMDG still yet to learn how to do, and why I dont buy or fly any of their products for now. Shame really.RegardsJames