Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

The newly freeware Garmins are bug-ridden monsters

Guest crashing_pilot

>Even in the late 70's when I was a young adult, it>was considered quite inappropriate to complain about any free>handout.well... i'm sorry mate,but when they gave me a live grenade and said it was secure i complained nonetheless :-)INCOMING!!!!Tom.

Guest UweR

Nice post... not much substance and truth to it, but nice post.All I can say is that it

"well... i'm sorry mate,but when they gave me a live grenade and said it was secure i complained nonetheless"I stand corrected Tom.... Now if I don't stop chuckling, my daughter is going to think her Daddy's heading for the looney bin...

Guest cw1011

I purchased the FS Flightmax and found it to be an excellent product that worked as advertised. Weather radar, moving map, database of airports and navaids, traffic alert, lighting strike indicator - it all worked fine for me. Was and remain very happy with the purchase. Colin

Guest SoarPics

"Okay, now give me 82 reasons why this thread should not be locked down"Naw, don't lock it down, Tom. If you do we'll never know if and when the original poster might offer some specific info that would allow others here to assist him. And though I'm a RealityXP guy, I'd still like to hear from owners/users of FS Flightmax... something offering more substance than a temper tantrum.:-)

When you do the inevitable jailing, consider refering readers to the forum created to assist current customers and newcomers, as I did in an earlier post.That should be where the info is. Any bashers there should be locked out if they can't ask for help or give help in a friendly couteous manner. It is a support forum, not a political or open criticism forum.

>I'm tempted to try Reality XP, sheesh, there's got to be a>GPS add-on someplace that actually works. I played with the Garmin for a couple of hours last night... I'm impressed. Does the Reality XP have local roads in the moving map? Once I saw those I was hooked. Now to figure out what I'm doing wrong with setting up ILS Approaches (no dammnit! I don't want to go to Salt Lake City via Tuscon... I'm over Boise in a vintage warbird!!! *grin*)

Bug Ridden????Works OK for me. I haven't used all the functions yet as I have just downloaded it and went for a short flight. Set up a flight plan and worked perfectly well for me. I have used the Garmin 530 in the Flight1 Piper Meridian, so do know a bit about using it. Also have flown a Cardinal in real life that has a 530 in it, so am fortunate to know the bare bones of this unit. Hope you work out your differences, as this top of the line in real life unit is a lot of fun to learn to use. There IS a learning curve here however!!!!!!!Good Luck

Wow, we don't take kindly to criticism here does we. Before the villagers catch me and burn me at the stake, am I such a bad guy for pointing out some serious issues with this GPS, even if it is free?Consider if you will gentleman that a lot of folks paid some serious bucks for this software and were abandoned overnight without warning. It's one thing to be mad about giving away a product when so many people paid for it but it's another to abandon technical support to those same individuals. They are in limbo if it doesn't work for them at this point.I know this seems going off on a tanget but this company wasn't very nice to do this to their customers and I only think it's fair to be able to be openly critical of the software's flaws, even if it is now free. I'm not trying to get revenge for anybody either but why should I feel compelled to laud free software if so many people were abandoned by the developers of the program? Don't these people deserve ongoing support even if the product itself is now being distributed as freeware? Shouldn't Sim Systems have made that effort at least? I'm not trying to bash the software or the developers; I think that's what everybody is assuming. I didn't pay for it so I guess I get what I deserve, nobody owes me anything and I never said they did. As an engineer it's hard for me to not be critical of obvious flaws in design. In my line of work doing so leads to collapsing bridges and buildings.

Guest pagotan

It is like for everything in life. Some are happy with what they got some aren't. I guess that apart of the frustration over the transition from payware to freeware both FSFlightMax and FSGarmin offer a great deal of realism for all those people who have successfully installed them. Sure enough setups are not the easiest thing in the world but they are worth the effort.Maybe I am wrong or ignorant but I have not seen any program which worked perfectly and met all expectations at once. FSFlightMax and FSGarmin had successive improvements and true enough are not yet perfect but they are working great and many users enjoy them.Anyway this is my humble personal view and anyone is still entitled to his opinion and is free to use the "DELETE" key as he or she may see fit.Michael

Guest crashing_pilot

>"well... i'm sorry mate,but when they gave me a live grenade>and said it was secure i complained nonetheless">>I stand corrected Tom.... Now if I don't stop chuckling, my>daughter is going to think her Daddy's heading for the looney>bin... Well John,just let her read(if your daughter is old enough and able to- ;-) ) some of your forumposts,then she'll know you're not heading for the looney bin :-)

Guest crashing_pilot

>Tom,>>Remember: Een gegeven paard ...>>Best regards,>>Henri>>http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpgwell waddayanow....after the live grenade i wasn't able to look anywhere for 9 months....i know the thing was free(i didn't pay for it),but nonetheless....you get my point eh? :-)een gegeven paard moet je altijd in de bek kijken,zeker in deze barre tijden.de kunst is de conclusie voor je te houden.(pluto)