Sign in to follow this  
stfitts

Heading Bug- MD11

Captains,Departing BFI tonight, I was assigned rnwy heading for departure. On takeoff the wind got gusty and while trying to clean everything up, I deviated to the right 30 degrees coming to a heading of 160. Selecting AP and pulling the heading knob for a 130 heading, the aircraft proceeded to turn RIGHT all the way around to 130. I have seen a topic regarding this same issue to haven't been able to locate it. Has anyone had the same issue and been able to fix it? Definitely caught me off guard.ThanksShawn

The plane turns in the direction in which the heading selector was turned even if it's the long way around. The dotted line on the heading display shows the direction of the turn. Pull the heading knob as you line up so that it is synched with the runway heading. As an alternative, while setting up the FCP during the preflight, set runway heading, and even if you turn it the long way round, it will synch properly.