Sign in to follow this  
adf

DreamFleet 727 v2 & Vista

Hi,I recently started using my laptop to Flight Sim as my desktop died. My desktop was Windows XP and my laptop is Windows Vista. I have the DreamFleet 727 v2 and it ran fine on my Windows XP machine, however it crashes to desktop when I try and select it in FS on my laptop. I have been researching this for the last week and have determined it is some sort of panel issue. When I completely remove the panel folder, I can select the aircraft. So, has anyone gotten this to work on Vista? Or have any suggestions?Regards!

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

Hi,I recently started using my laptop to Flight Sim as my desktop died. My desktop was Windows XP and my laptop is Windows Vista. I have the DreamFleet 727 v2 and it ran fine on my Windows XP machine, however it crashes to desktop when I try and select it in FS on my laptop. I have been researching this for the last week and have determined it is some sort of panel issue. When I completely remove the panel folder, I can select the aircraft. So, has anyone gotten this to work on Vista? Or have any suggestions?Regards!
It works just fine on Vista :-)With Vista it's important to run the stuff as Admin of better be one :( + run FS9 in Win XP SP2 compatibility mode :-)

André

It works just fine on Vista :-)With Vista it's important to run the stuff as Admin of better be one :( + run FS9 in Win XP SP2 compatibility mode :-)
Hello,I have Vista Ultimate and just purchased the Dreamfleet 727 v2 from flight 1 just a few days ago. It works great so far on my computer. I installed it as administrator and I also run fs9 as administrator. I do not run it in win xp compatible mode. I also run the 727 config manager as administrator.

Thanks for the reply...I turned UAC off and I do run FS9 in Win XP SP2 compatability mode, any other suggestions?Regards

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)

Thanks for the reply...I turned UAC off and I do run FS9 in Win XP SP2 compatability mode, any other suggestions?Regards
Wouldn't turn off UAC - but when you install it (ie run the .exe file) run it as Administrator.Scott

Boeing777_Banner_pilot.jpg

Scott Stephens

As others have said, it runs fine. However, if you're using a 64bit version of Vista, the load manager won't work...and I don't know of any fix for it.

Guest FlankerRed22

Hi, I had the same problem, What I had to do to get 727 running on my system was browse the CD, open the 727 folder and actually run the 727 install program manually, I had to do this in windows 98/Me compatability mode. Dont ask me why it worked, 727 was never written for 98/Me but it was the only way I could get it to install on my Vista system. Hope this is of some help.Best RegardsAndy

As others have said, it runs fine. However, if you're using a 64bit version of Vista, the load manager won't work...and I don't know of any fix for it.
I'm wrong on that one. After I posted that I went looking to see if someone had posted a fix (I hadn't looked for awhile), and someone has. The solution is here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=20345