Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaskanFactor

UltimateDefrag FsGlobal2008

Guest jaskanFactor

Is it worth having C:\FSGX created by fsglobal2008 on faster edge of disk for ultimatedefrag settings. I already have FSX autogen, textures, scenery, effects folders on edge of disk. just need to know about C:\FSGX I am using UnltimateDefrag File Sort and HighPermornce settings, that puts these folders on edge of disk in the order defined1 - C:\FSGX2 - C->FSX->.....->scenery3 - C->FSX->.....->autogen3 - C->FSX->.....->textures4 - C->FSX->.....->weather 5 - C->FSX->.....->effects6 - C->FSX->.....->effects7 - C->FSX->.....->fspax8 - C->FSX->.....->fspax9 - C->FSX->.....->FeelThere10 - C->FSX->.....->Sound11 - C->FSX->.....->Gauges12 - C->FSX->.....->JustFlight - TrafficX13 - C->FSX->.....->WilcoThose are the first thirten folders on the edge of my disk in that order . Any suggestions.

Is it worth having C:\FSGX created by fsglobal2008 on faster edge of disk for ultimatedefrag settings. I already have FSX autogen, textures, scenery, effects folders on edge of disk. just need to know about C:\FSGX I am using UnltimateDefrag File Sort and HighPermornce settings, that puts these folders on edge of disk in the order defined1 - C:\FSGX2 - C->FSX->.....->scenery3 - C->FSX->.....->autogen3 - C->FSX->.....->textures4 - C->FSX->.....->weather 5 - C->FSX->.....->effects6 - C->FSX->.....->effects7 - C->FSX->.....->fspax8 - C->FSX->.....->fspax9 - C->FSX->.....->FeelThere10 - C->FSX->.....->Sound11 - C->FSX->.....->Gauges12 - C->FSX->.....->JustFlight - TrafficX13 - C->FSX->.....->WilcoThose are the first thirten folders on the edge of my disk in that order . Any suggestions.
That would depend on whether you have FSX on it's own separate disk. If so, and it is not heavily fragmented, then what your doing would have very little effect, if at all.If your FSX installation is on your system disk, then having all your FSX and addons on the outer edge will make some, though small improvement. This of course would be at the expense of what gets moved from there.HOWEVER, in my opinion, and it is from much experimentation, Ultimate Defrag is not the best option for FSX. Have a look at Nick Needam's list (HIGHLY recommended).When used in conjunction with that list, then 'O&O Defrag' is a great utility.

Hi, I use Ultimate Defrag for months now. FSX in is onto 2 separated HDs. 2nd Hds with Addon Scenery only.All FSX files are at the outer tracks , as well as the Page file. some useless windows files and other applications are at "archive". It helps me to have 24 fps average.I also use eBooster V3 with success.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Sorry double "enter"

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest jaskanFactor

Thanks for feedback guys, my reak question is regarding FsGlobal2008.Its created a folder C:\FSGX, and what i am trying to know is, should this folder be added to edge of disk as well as my FSX scenery, autogen, textures etc.The questions is about FSGlobal2008 folder C:\FSGX and UltimateDefrag. So i suppose only those who use FSGlobal2008 and UltimateDefrag or O&O will be able to answer.I am not tech enough to know what is stored in C:\FSGX but looks like scenery to me, and the question is, is this scenery used by FSX during play from this folder. Or does FSGlobal copy relevant scenery to FSX folder, so only FSX folder files need be on edge of diskThanks