Sign in to follow this  
Guest sjfdkw

real world weather problem

Guest delsimflyer

The default internet weather sets the winds, visibilty correctly but temprature, pressure are mostly incorrect set at default 15c 1013 when the conditions from the latest metar say 31c 1012.how do I solve this problem?

I've noticed this as well. For example there was a thunder storm in my area this afternoon, and I checked the weather report on Active Sky several times during the afternoon but the storm never made it onto the Active Sky servers. I expect that while real world air traffic relies on having an accurate weather report for any particular area, us simmers find ourselves quite a way down the pecking order when it comes to the distribution of this sort of information. Maybe it was because it was a Sunday afternoon, and whoever was responsible for providing simmers with this information didn't want to have his day at home disturbed.I don't think you can solve this problem. I think you have to accept the limitations involved in assembling a simulation.

Mike Beckwith

Guest delsimflyer

I agree to that. I was looking at another metar server http://weather.noaa.gov which gives latest and correct reports. If only a program which could collect data from this site and inject weather into fsx existed..

Guest PPSFA
The default internet weather sets the winds, visibilty correctly but temprature, pressure are mostly incorrect set at default 15c 1013 when the conditions from the latest metar say 31c 1012.how do I solve this problem?
METARS can be up to an hour old, if there is a front moving through you can definatly see what you describe. Overall it's pretty accurate from what I have seen, and I fly with 'real world' weather most of the time. A lot of times I will check NOAA radar and it closly mimics what I see in FS.