Sign in to follow this  
Guest John Morgan

How can I step through waypoints in MD11 Navigation Display

Guest John Morgan

In the PDMG 737 NG it is possible to step through the waypoints shown in the 737 navigation display from a function in the FMS.I assume something similar can be done from the MD11 MDCU and I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to do it,Best wishes, John Morgan

Hi JohnIn the MD-11 the function you want is completed like this:on the FCP panel just above the VOR1 and VOR 2 buttons are more buttons labelled MAP and PLAN, if you press the PLAN button after you have entered your flight plan you are then in STEP mode, you then need to use the UP and DOWN arrows on the MCDU to step through your waypoints. You can then press the MAP button when you have finished to get back to where you were. Hope this helpsRegardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest John Morgan
Thanks John,I just could not find it in the manual, no doubt before my eyes - somewhere!Best wishes, JohnHi JohnIn the MD-11 the function you want is completed like this:on the FCP panel just above the VOR1 and VOR 2 buttons are more buttons labelled MAP and PLAN, if you press the PLAN button after you have entered your flight plan you are then in STEP mode, you then need to use the UP and DOWN arrows on the MCDU to step through your waypoints. You can then press the MAP button when you have finished to get back to where you were. Hope this helpsRegardsJohn Calleja

I tried what you said with the up/down arrows on the MCDU and I could not get this function to work. I cannot find this anywhere in the manuals. If you have any more input I would appreciate it.ThanksDon

On the EFIS control panel, press the PLAN button. Go to the F-PLN page of the FMS and scroll up and down using the arrows (just as you normally would do to see other waypoints).Paul