Sign in to follow this  
baw079

Red/Green button selection

Bryan,I have been using FS2Crew for the B767 for a while without problems. Unfortunately, I had to re-install all software after upgrading my pc specs.Since then, I have been unable to allocate a red/green button to my saitek pro yoke. Everything else works well including the FS2crew program. But, no matter what I try, I cannot get the pro yoke system to enable selection.Do you have any idea what may be causing this new proble?ThanksWillie G

Hello Willie,After you re-installed, did you follow the same steps you followed when you had it working originally?I believe the Saitek Pro yoke has its own Config Utility Tool you need to use when assigning the Green/Red buttons.Did you use that utility?Best,

Bryan,I have been using FS2Crew for the B767 for a while without problems. Unfortunately, I had to re-install all software after upgrading my pc specs.Since then, I have been unable to allocate a red/green button to my saitek pro yoke. Everything else works well including the FS2crew program. But, no matter what I try, I cannot get the pro yoke system to enable selection.Do you have any idea what may be causing this new proble?ThanksWillie G
Try assigning the red and green keyboard assignments to your choice of buttons on the yoke via FSUIPC. If you download the latest version (4.50) you can create a profile for different aircraft and different assignments to suit that aircraft. For instance I have 3 profiles Pmdg 747, Pmdg MD11 & one called FS2Crew. The FS2Crew Profile assigns the Red and Green buttons on the keyboard to buttons 4&5 on the yoke.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I run the same setup as you do. What I did was this:In the Start Center, set your keyboard shortcuts to NUMPADPLUS for Green and NUMPADMINUS for Red. Set your joystick buttons to 25 and 24 (not a valid joystick entry). In FS, go into FSUIPC and click the Buttons tab. Be sure your 767 is loaded and place a checkmark in Aircraft specific. Press your joystick button you want to be your Green Button. I use the one under the red button on my yoke and press it to the right. Place a check in the Select Keypress area then, after making sure your NUMLOCK is off. Click the Select Key button and press the PLUS key on your numbad. FSUIPC should show Num+ in the area. Do the same for the Red button, only picking a different button on the yoke. I use the left press of the same yoke button. Click ok to save your settings This works fine. Keep in mind that you'll have to reprogram these setting for EACH livery of the 767 you have installed since aircraft specific was chosen. Nice thing about doing it this way is that you can still use the yoke button for something ELSE if you are not flying the 767. Hope this helps!-Rick