Sign in to follow this  
Guest tariqziad

PMDG 737-800 Painkit

Guest tariqziad

Hi.. im new here n i didnt know where to start this topic so i posted it anywhere... and i'd really appreciate some of your help.Im sure all of you know the PMDG Paintkit where you can create your own aircraft texture...I created my texture and moved the texture folder into the PMDG aircraft of my wish... but i would really like help on how to configure the aircraft.cfg file in order for the texture to appear... because i try configuring it and my aircraft appears on the menu as usual.. but it is a blank texture...Can someone help me out, please? Thank You

Guest tariqziad
Did you convert the texture files?
I converted them to .bmp, but its the same issue... blank textures.

How did you convert them and to which file format?Post the section of your aircraft.cfg and maybe a screen shot of what it looks like :(

Guest tariqziad
How did you convert them and to which file format?Post the section of your aircraft.cfg and maybe a screen shot of what it looks like :(
i used paint shop pro to convert the files to .bmp, because i realised most of the textures in the other aircrafts are .bmp, and i copied and pasted the default PMDG aircraft.cfg texure "texts" and just changed the number of the text, and which airliner i wished to call my texture.. i have done everything exactly as the other aircraft.cfg files are.... but i still get a blank texture.

Guest lgvpilot1

You are going to need DXTBmp or similar to convert your textures so they will workTake a look at the stickies , second one down it explains how to covert to dxt3 and that is basically how you use it .You may wish to save your textures as 32 bit in which case you would save as an extended bitmap, so rather than select DXt3 you would select extended 32bit 888-8Post back if you are still having problems Mark