Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

AI Question....

I am curious. Having a P3/800, I've always used AI sparingly. Too much of a fps hit. But I've always noted the many AI specific aircraft that have been floating around in the libraries. Do these really have a positive impact on performance over the default MS aircraft? Is buzzing around with five AI specific aircraft in the pattern doable with these AI models, like the recently released Emb-120?Regards,John

AI Specific aircraft like (PAI/AAL) and to a lesser extent(FSP) are very framerate friendly, you will only get a massive frame rate drop when in a busy airport with something like 20 planes.

Guest Kurt

John,I have an old P3/933 and found when I replaced some of the default models with some Aardvarks and FSPainter models it helped. It's worth trying a couple to see what happens.Kurt M

Thanks to both of you for your answers..... I think I'll give it a try....-John

Guest Joshieca

Hopefully the new FS2004 will have a better optimized engine and we can have lots of AI traffic around without too many FPS drops....but yes, if you have a lot of planes or addon scenery at any one airport, while it looks great from the screenshots you see from these AI packages, the frames are really slow when you try to fly into one of these airports even with a fast CPU and video card.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/bks.html]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b