Sign in to follow this  
madtun

Need PMDG MD-11 Anonymous

I need help to break the habit. I know this plane can be flown on short flights and some do exist in real life. This bird was made for long range flights which I do not have time to fly. I fly real time ONLY and in the VC switching to 2d just to set flaps. PMDG is working on something hopefully smaller for regional flights but until than what can I do. I have have only flown Captain Sim 757 once and a great freeware Bell 430 once since the release of this plane for FS9. I just tried to fly the 757 again and cancelled flight before I even started the engines. I have heard great and bad things about this plane but on my systems I am addicted because I have just the right setup that some of you have not experinced the true work that was put into this plane. I have all the top payware and freeware planes on the market. They are good and great but none like this one. Yes I know about the flickering in the VC mode but understand how this helps with the smooth operation of the total package by refreshing the VC continously. I could go on about this plane all night but below will be the specs and equipment that allows me to have such a great exprience with this plane.Dell XPS400 (2.8GHz) Dual Core 3GB Ram 533MHz Dual ATI x/300 128Mb (400MHz) graphics card MS XP Professional Service pack 3Dell 17" Ultra Sharp Flat panel monitor at 1280 X 1024 Logitech WingMan Extreme joystick and trackball mouse 80GM external harddrive USB2Harman Kardon Stereo Computer speakers with tone and volume control Onkyo 60 WATT Amp powering two JBL Dual Core 10' Subwoofers Bandpass boxDSL Ultra 3.5Mbps connection feeding Active Sky 6.5 Live ATC Peter's latest Fsuipc A host of pay and freeware addonsWhen I start the left engine in this plane the whole house wakes up. i know the difference in a good and bad landing , you can hear it. I know when I am about to overspeed on the way down hand flying, you can hear this too. Visulas with total sound makes this a killer good plane.Carl Perry

Upgrade to a 42" screen and TRACKIR and that will transform your experiance, large monitors are fairly cheap nowadays. I know what you mean about the sound system, on the take off roll my house vibrates!!Rob

Rob Prest

I need help to break the habit.
Nobody here will break your habit. We're all addicted.By the way I am glad you are experiencing nice performance on your system, by which I am not very impressed. The only thing I like are your loudspeakers. I just got an idea of what my next HW upgrade item will be. :-)Neven

Nobody here will break your habit. We're all addicted.By the way I am glad you are experiencing nice performance on your system, by which I am not very impressed. The only thing I like are your loudspeakers. I just got an idea of what my next HW upgrade item will be. :-)Neven
that was my point Neven. This plane performs so well on my moderate system. Sound and the sharp picture makes the difference. I will eventually upgrade my monitor but I currently sit so close and the sound makes up for the size of the picture. I know this to be true because one of my friends swears he saw a movie at the theaters when it was on my 19 inch old tv with the killer 600 watt sound system years back.Carl Perry

If you really want to try something different, you could try getting Carenado's C206 for FSX and teaching yourself proper GA air navigation.

Guest Paul_D

Yesterday was my first time flying another aircraft other than the MD-11, just so happens it was the PMDG 747-400. Both amazing airplanes and I take my hat off to PMDG for simulating them to the degree of realism that they have. When I fly these planes I get to live my dream of being a commercial airline Pilot, and for that, I owe PMDG a det of gratitude and thanks that I can never repay, thank you for giving me the best possible way to live my dream, oh and one more thing, for any of you that are thinking of going into the field of Petroleum engineering, think twice about it as it an extremely boring and non rewarding career that will have you daydreaming al day at work about alternative careers, at my age unfortunatly a career change is not possible.Paul ( Toronto Canada ).

Yesterday was my first time flying another aircraft other than the MD-11, just so happens it was the PMDG 747-400. Both amazing airplanes and I take my hat off to PMDG for simulating them to the degree of realism that they have. When I fly these planes I get to live my dream of being a commercial airline PilotPaul ( Toronto Canada ).
Paul flying any other PMDG planes does not count as flying another type of plane. Same company same detail and operation. Different controls and pics. Im talking about flying any other planes than PMDG. That is my little problem. One downside to their attention to detail is they do not mass produce a new plane every year. Production time for them is just like the real thing. Design, build, test, trouble shoot and release. Thats why I cannot hardly wait for their new short range secret plane. Carl Perry