Sign in to follow this  
loop_n_roll

Landing at KSED

Would someone take a look at Sedona, AZ and tell me if I'm doing something wrong. I've flown into here many times and recently when landing on runway 3 I'm having trouble. I get lined up perfectly, follow the PAPI lignts on glideslope and just as I'm ready to flare the plane seems several hundred feet above the runway. A good landing seems impossible. I'd appreciate someone doing a sanity check for me.

AMD 3800X, Gigabyte Radeon 5700XT, AS Rock X570 Phantom Gaming 4, 32mb 3600 ram

Guest j-mo

Well, not sure what may be going on for you, but my landings there are fine... no issues.

LNRI've just flew a circuit around Sedona (did you mean KSEZ?) in the "trike". I followed the papi to a good landing. Are you using addon mesh?I hope you find a solution.RobUK. (nearest airfield EGCV)

Thank you for your replies. No I don't have an add on mesh; however, I did try the new AFCAD file from Dakota Smith. After trying to land I removed the file with the same problem. I'll fly around in the trike and see how I do there. Thanks for trying. This may need a dreded "repair". And yes I did mean KSEZ., senior moment.

When I disabled the effect of thermals and turbulence on the aircraft in the weather menu all smoothed out. I think it was the simulation of the wind coming up over the ridge that caused the aircraft to climb about 200 feet just at the end of the runway. Thanks again for your replies which made me look further.