Sign in to follow this  
Pierre789

747 PMDG doesn't like wind ?

In flight, when wind direction changes, even if the wind speed is moderate, or even if there's no change in the direction, but the high altitude wind is greater than 60 or 70 knots, my PMDG 747 X waves like a fishing boat during a storm and either the speed slows down (to mach 0.60 or less) , or goes up to mach 0.94 (or more !), and the plane becomes uncontrollable ! I've red somewhere, that my joystick might be the source of this problem, so I switch it off during the flights, but ther is no change !Does any one has an idea about this problem ? If not, I suppose I'll return to my perfect Level D 767 !Thanks a lot.PS : I use the real weather of FS and when the wind changes frequently, it's panic in the sky if you are seasick !

In flight, when wind direction changes, even if the wind speed is moderate, or even if there's no change in the direction, but the high altitude wind is greater than 60 or 70 knots, my PMDG 747 X waves like a fishing boat during a storm and either the speed slows down (to mach 0.60 or less) , or goes up to mach 0.94 (or more !), and the plane becomes uncontrollable ! I've red somewhere, that my joystick might be the source of this problem, so I switch it off during the flights, but ther is no change !Does any one has an idea about this problem ? If not, I suppose I'll return to my perfect Level D 767 !Thanks a lot.PS : I use the real weather of FS and when the wind changes frequently, it's panic in the sky if you are seasick !
Read the rules here and sign your post's, secondly try the search button.....Rob

Rob Prest

In flight, when wind direction changes, even if the wind speed is moderate, or even if there's no change in the direction, but the high altitude wind is greater than 60 or 70 knots, my PMDG 747 X waves like a fishing boat during a storm and either the speed slows down (to mach 0.60 or less) , or goes up to mach 0.94 (or more !), and the plane becomes uncontrollable ! I've red somewhere, that my joystick might be the source of this problem, so I switch it off during the flights, but ther is no change !Does any one has an idea about this problem ? If not, I suppose I'll return to my perfect Level D 767 !
It's not the joystick. It's the interaction between MSFS's crappy wind modelling and the PMDG bird (and, to be clear here, the issue is with the MSFS model, not with PMDG... a real plane would behave similarly if it were subjected to such crazy wind variations).I recommend you use the "Wind Smoothing" feature of Pete Dowson's "FSUIPC", it works a beaut (Pete worked very hard on this, with feedback from a number of us 747X captains).

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

It's not the joystick. It's the interaction between MSFS's crappy wind modelling and the PMDG bird (and, to be clear here, the issue is with the MSFS model, not with PMDG... a real plane would behave similarly if it were subjected to such crazy wind variations).I recommend you use the "Wind Smoothing" feature of Pete Dowson's "FSUIPC", it works a beaut (Pete worked very hard on this, with feedback from a number of us 747X captains).

I also had the wind problem, and read the same, [fault is in MicroSoft] I turn off the weather in cruise, turn it back on for the approach, or take-off.Cheers,Jerry

I also had the wind problem, and read the same, [fault is in MicroSoft] I turn off the weather in cruise, turn it back on for the approach, or take-off.Cheers,Jerry
I know, but as I want to be the nearest as possible from reality, it's quite unpleasant to have to modify the winds quite often , according to the predictions of real winds on the NOAA chartsMy FSUIPC 4.30 is unregistered : I'm going to buy one to use the wind smoothing.ThanksPierre Boileau - LFRS

I did have worst wind problems then you described with PMDG-MD-11X and 747X. Thanks to PMDG and forums members., I eliminated all winds problems changing some settings at FSUIPC.Please test it. it will solve your problem.You can select one of the settings .Sanal

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"