Sign in to follow this  
BoeingGuy

Weird Screen Flickering in 2D Cockpit View?

Hello all,When I fly, I like to fly in various views, like all of us. When I switch the view to the 2D Cockpit view and try to manipulate the controls, the screen momentarily freezes, flickers bright white (sometimes I catch a quick glance of the previous view/window), and then will stay in the Cockpit view. I know it's not my monitor, it's in the game. How do I get rid of this flickering?Thanks.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest UlfB

BoeingGuy,Have you tried to turn cockpit tool tips off? It's a setting on the Aircraft tab in Display Settings.Is this with DX10 in Vista or DX9?

I have the same problem (and also a 8800GT card). I believe it is not a driver issue (changed drivers several times and the problem persists).Have to live with it, though...RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

BoeingGuy,Have you tried to turn cockpit tool tips off? It's a setting on the Aircraft tab in Display Settings.Is this with DX10 in Vista or DX9?
Hi UlfB,Thanks for the reply, I will try that out and see how it goes!

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest UlfB
Hello all,When I fly, I like to fly in various views, like all of us. When I switch the view to the 2D Cockpit view and try to manipulate the controls, the screen momentarily freezes, flickers bright white (sometimes I catch a quick glance of the previous view/window), and then will stay in the Cockpit view. I know it's not my monitor, it's in the game. How do I get rid of this flickering?Thanks.
Problem solved? If so - how?

Problem solved? If so - how?
Hi UlfB,Problem solved! Deactivating the ToolTips seemed to do it. Thanks a bunch! Any ideas on what causes this weird phenomena with ToolTips on?Thanks!PS, it's Vista with DX9.

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

Guest UlfB
Any ideas on what causes this weird phenomena with ToolTips on?
No. It's probably part of the issues with FSX and nVIDIA that Microsoft claimes to be driver issues and nVIDIA claims to be FSX issues.